Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC confusion..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC confusion..

I applied for an HSBC platinum rewards card on 11/15. I called a couple times to check the status and they kept telling me it was pending with the security department. Today I called and they said it was declined for ‘failing upfront verification.’ That makes no sense. When I first applied I answered all verification questions right I assume because it let me proceed. How can they decline me and not even ask me for documents or something? Seems ridiculous.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HSBC confusion..

Unfortunately, because they can.
Message 2 of 11
kugel
Valued Contributor

Sounds crazy
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

May be you should call back and recon and tell them that you can verify your identity through documents. I am not sure how they handle this but worth a try. I also applied on 22nd nov and i have not even received any email yet. At the time the system said it was pending. Hope to receive some email tomorrow at least. If not i will call them

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

called just now. apparently my app is still in que it seems . i should hear something from security department either todayor tomorrow.

Message 5 of 11
Nyrell
Valued Member

I'm just confused by HSBC offering credit cards again.   My wife and I had HSBC Mastercards for almost ten years and then Capital One bought their accounts.   Now, HSBC is back in the credit card biz?  

AMEX EVERYDAY - $22,000
PNC - $500
DISCOVER - $4,000
TOTAL REWARDS VISA - $4,000
MARVEL MC - $8,500
WALMART MC - $7,500
CHASE SAPPHIRE - $22,000 '
CHASE FREEDOM - $23,000
CHASE FREEDOM UNLIMITED - $22,000
CBCFCU - $7,500
SPORTSMENS VISA - $15,000
SAG-AFTRA VISA - $15,000
CITIBANK COSTCO - $19,000
CITI SIMPLICITY - $11,700
OVERSTOCK - $8,500
BARCLAYS - $2,500
CAP-1 SIGNATURE - $15,000
CAP-1 PLATINUM - $4,500

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Total 10% Utilization

------------------------------------------------------------------
EXPERIAN - 774 EQUIFAX - 782 TRANSUNION - 781
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC stands for "Horrible Service, Because Can" I think.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

That sounds absolutely awful Smiley Sad I received a mailer from them but I'm gardening so I didnt really check it out. Hopefully since its still in queue there is hope for it being rectified and you being able to get the card still.

It would be such a let down to have a HP plus having to wait this whole time and have nothing to show for it. You'll have to keep us posted. I'm hoping for it all to work out. Sending optimistic vibes your way Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would love to have their Premier WEMC!!!  Best credit card out there IMO.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nov 24th- I applied for cash rewards MC ,Ex was frozen, Eq was unlocked.

No email, confirmation nothing. My app is lost in the void

Nov 30th- Applied for Platinum rewards with EX unfrozen and this time received confirmation email. 

Dec 6th- received call from security department asking me to send id.

Dec 7th - id sent.

Dec 8th- called and confirmed that they received my id and  released my application for review.

No email or communication yet after that. Very very slow processing. I want to let them do it in their own time BUT i need to lock my eq and ex back therefore i want some sort of timeframe or answer . I will call them on monday and see whats going on. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.