Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSN Cart trick "Trick"

tag
Jarnog
Frequent Contributor

HSN Cart trick "Trick"

First let me apologize if I get long winded but I thought I'd share.

My DW thinks we could use another HSN card (dunno why) but I digress.  She likes to try the SCT just to see what she could possibly get.  Well, she tried HSN two nights ago.  She put about $1500 worth of stuff in her cart, and it got hung up when it was trying to move to the final checkout screen.  Just said "Loading" and stayed there.  Well, she figured  no go.  I told her to try with less amount and maybe the flex pay option, per another post here.  She tried about $500 worth of stuff with flex pay and boom pop up.

Well this got me thinking.  I wanted to test a thought I had.  I would just keep adding around $100 or so worth of stuff and see if the pop-up comes.  Long story short, found an item for 749 and some change.  Did 1 payment, pop up, did flex pay - popup.  Changed item to one for $799, nothing - it stalled at the loading, flex pay on the 799 - same stall. 

Now I know this could mean nothing, but it seems that this "trick" is sort of a way to let her know that she is pre-approved for $750 but not higher.  And it looks like the pre-approval takes into account the total cost of the item not the flex pay cost.  Now she didn't go for it, as I stated, I don't think we need another one...but I found this interesting. 

Just thought I'd share, and maybe someone could test it a little more thoroughly, and actually apply and see if it holds true....so to speak Smiley Happy

BTW HAPPY HOLIDAYS I LOVE YOU ALL!!! Smiley HappySmiley Happy

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HSN Cart trick "Trick"

Shopping cart tricks:
Fun to play with, Dangerous to use.

You might be on to something.
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

At which point did you receive the pop-up? After you entered your name, address, and email? Or did you have to input a payment method before pop-up occurred?

Message 3 of 13
Jarnog
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

At which point did you receive the pop-up? After you entered your name, address, and email? Or did you have to input a payment method before pop-up occurred?

You actually have to put a payment method in.  Then after you hit review or next or whatever it is...the pop-up comes.

Message 4 of 13
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Sorry, quick question... Did you have to actually enter in your actual cc account number then hit flex pay then next??? I've tried doing it but I've never actually manually put all my CC numbers in. Is that the trick?thanks I do think you are on to something!!!
Message 5 of 13
Jarnog
Frequent Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
Sorry, quick question... Did you have to actually enter in your actual cc account number then hit flex pay then next??? I've tried doing it but I've never actually manually put all my CC numbers in. Is that the trick?thanks I do think you are on to something!!!

You actually have to put in CC info....like you're going to pay with whatever card.  Then I think the next button is the "review order" or something button.  Once you hit that it will go to the submit page.  Before that though is when the pop-up occurs.

Hope this helps and clears up anything Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 13
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Yes thank you!! I'm gonna try it and see just for my personal entertainment! Lol!! Thanks for responding, and I'm gonna do exactly what you did to with the different amounts... Very interesting! Ill report back here
Message 7 of 13
DeadlyPersona
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the post OP.....interesting.

Message 8 of 13
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Well I tried and....didn't get a pop upSmiley Sad I started off with $750 in my cart, plugged in cc info, nothing, repeated that all the way down to $80 in my cart, plugged in cc info hit review... Still nothing. Oh well, weird how some cards like you and some don't by same bank, lol!
Message 9 of 13
Jarnog
Frequent Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
Well I tried and....didn't get a pop upSmiley Sad I started off with $750 in my cart, plugged in cc info, nothing, repeated that all the way down to $80 in my cart, plugged in cc info hit review... Still nothing. Oh well, weird how some cards like you and some don't by same bank, lol!

Sorry to hear Smiley Sad

Comenity is an odd bird to say the least.  Personally got Coldwater Creek, HSN and Express to work among others, but could not get VS (shocking I know), JCrew or Overstock to work.  Yet DW got Jcrew, VS and Overstock but not Express.  All of hers are over 1k now (between 5 and 11 months open) with Jcrew being the biggest at 4250 after starting at 250. 

Just for grins tried again today on HSN for her and same thing 799 "loading" 749 pop-up.

Go figure

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.