Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUCA for Amazon Prime Visa?

tag
mkhan1093
Established Contributor

HUCA for Amazon Prime Visa?

Hey all,

So recently got the letter from Chase in the mail saying I was denied for the Amazon Prime Visa Signature, following a 7-10 day message which appeared after my online application. The reason was the usual too many open accounts. I tried calling recon twice and each time the CSR reinstated the application on my behalf and made me wait ~5 min as they tried to get me approved. Each time I was denied with the reason being the same: too many accounts.

Is this a situation where I should just keep calling? Or is it time to throw in the towel?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: HUCA for Amazon Prime Visa?

OK, outta the blue I gotta ask ....

How many open accounts do you have and how many of them with Chase?

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 2 of 10
mkhan1093
Established Contributor

They're in my signature: 8, 3 from Chase

Message 3 of 10
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

In what time frame
Message 4 of 10
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

And did you ask if you could move some credit from another card to open this one ?
Message 5 of 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Doubt recon will happen.  As OP first chase card was in Dec then got the CSR in January. from looking at his signature.  Long story short he doesn't have much history with Chase from what I see and two cards or three is it from one lender with short history being 4-5 months Isn't enough time for the lender to warm up to you a ton in my opinion.  I would give it 6 months to a year then try again if you still want the Amazon Visa.  Just my 2 cents.  I remember when I was reconning a Marriott Visa from chase about 1.5 years ago or something along those lines I had the CSP and Freedom for a year and the UW said I am sitll new to chase and give it time during the recon call.. Sure enough did give it time and then got the Ritz/Hyatt and Amazon down the road about more history with them

Message 6 of 10
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Solid advice +1
Message 7 of 10
mkhan1093
Established Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Doubt recon will happen.  As OP first chase card was in Dec then got the CSR in January. from looking at his signature.  Long story short he doesn't have much history with Chase from what I see and two cards or three is it from one lender with short history being 4-5 months Isn't enough time for the lender to warm up to you a ton in my opinion.  I would give it 6 months to a year then try again if you still want the Amazon Visa.  Just my 2 cents.  I remember when I was reconning a Marriott Visa from chase about 1.5 years ago or something along those lines I had the CSP and Freedom for a year and the UW said I am sitll new to chase and give it time during the recon call.. Sure enough did give it time and then got the Ritz/Hyatt and Amazon down the road about more history with them

Thanks for the insight, CreditCuriousity. I guess this is one I'll just have to let go of right now. I don't think I would have used this card outside of Amazon anyway so maybe I should just open up a Amazon Prime Store card. I just thought it looked worse to have a store card vs a card from a reputable bank, which is why I had apped for the Visa Signature version.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mkhan1093 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Thanks for the insight, CreditCuriousity. I guess this is one I'll just have to let go of right now. I don't think I would have used this card outside of Amazon anyway so maybe I should just open up a Amazon Prime Store card. I just thought it looked worse to have a store card vs a card from a reputable bank, which is why I had apped for the Visa Signature version.

TBH you were pretty lucky to get the freedom. I'm planning to wait for my FU to hit 6 months before app'ing for the Chase Amazon. My AAoA will bounce back by then as well.

The store card will get SP CLI's though, that's a plus.

Message 9 of 10
Seamslong
Valued Member

I have the store card I like it. Based on the cards you already have you don't need the Amazon Visa

Remaining Card limit goals:
Capitol One 3,600/2,500/2,300 goal 10k each line or close after buy a home|Discover $9.5k goal 15k | Citibank $6.5k goal 10k | Southwest $8,200 goal 20k |PayPal goal $6.0k goal 10k|Wayfair $2.1k goal $5.0k

Possibly cancelling:
Amex Blue 2k | No credit line increase since inception 2017
Closed accounts
Legacy CC/Capitol One secured 08/2021
Amex 11/2022

Entered the garden on 9/01/2021
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.