cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone been approved for a Marvel card with a BK on there report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone been approved for a Marvel card with a BK on there report?

I applied 1 year ago and was declined for the Marvel card due to having a BK on my credit report (im 1 month away from 6 years post bk). I wanted to see if anyone here has been approved for a Marvel card with a BK still reporting on there CB. If you could also share with me your credit score and approval info as well as how long after a BK it was before you were approved that would be great. 

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Has anyone been approved for a Marvel card with a BK on there report?

Yep....temp limit 1k. Once it reported, before I received the card, it was 4K. 

For sh*ts and giggles (because I will never use 4K on this card)....I asked for an additional 1k in Dec. It was granted, but I coulda got more, but I just don't need it. Especially since this card will be closed at the 1 year mark in Sept. 

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

• Added....I was approved Sept 2016 with a dismissed ch13 from 2012. I only had 3 months of revolving credit reporting at the time with Barclays, cap1 and Penfed. 
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why are you considering closing the card?
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is nothing wrong with it, it's just not one of my long term cards. My goal is to get in with Amex and Chase within the next two years and I will be closing some as well. 

The apr isn't an issue because I don't carry balances on it. 

Message 5 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

9 and half years post bk7, got it when it came out, 690 TU fico $1500 sl now at 8k.
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

BK13 was DC 12/15. Applied for Marvel in March (I think)  '16 and approved for 4K SL. Called CS and got 2K more. Several months later called CS for 2K more so here I sit w an 8K CL at roughly one year post DC. Initial TU score was 720.  However, that was an inflated score as at the time TU was reporting zero inquiries due to some glitch-----and I assure you I had plenty having just emerged from active BK.   Good luck. 

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks,

Was just approved for there lowes card for $6,000 so I am hoping to get in with the Marvel Card. As soon as my PenFed LOC payment reflects on my credit report im going to app for it and the Venture card.

Message 8 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Wow, if you got the Lowes at 6k starting i would think youd get 25k with one call, yikes. NICESmiley Happy
Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I applied for Lowes it came back as a transfer to lending on the girls screen and we had to call a number. They wanted to verify that I applied for the account, approved for $2,400 on the spot. I told her that my project was going to cost between 15-20k and that I wanted at least $15,000. She came back and said she could do $6,000 and I could call back in a few months to see if I could get the rest.

I was declined for the Marvel card 10 months ago due to having a bankruptcy reporting that was at the time 5 years post discharge. Although at that time I did not have any SYNC cards so I am hoping that now that I have had the Care Credit for almost 1 year (that had $3,500 charged and paid off) and now the Lowes that they will consider me for the Marvel Mastercard.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.