Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone gotten approved for a Chase card on or after October 4, 2015

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

Has anyone gotten approved for a Chase card on or after October 4, 2015

I was told by the CSP team that Chase's application decision system is currently down for everyone.  This seems a little strange to me that the system would be down this long, but I guess entirely possible.  Has anyone applied for a Chase card on October 4, 2015 or later and called the application status line?  If so, were you provided a status of your application?  If the system said it couldn't access your records, did you contact Chase?  If so, what were you told by Chase?

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Re: Has anyone gotten approved for a Chase card on or after October 4, 2015

I wonder if they are changing the benefits or anything in regards to the card or t&c. Maybe that could be a reason?
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 2 of 37
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Skye12329 wrote:
I wonder if they are changing the benefits or anything in regards to the card or t&c. Maybe that could be a reason?

There's been a little chase bonanza lately with the co-branded cards.  I'm thinking their fixing that little problem because they were giving up cards like crazy.  Probably making that system more in line with the chase branded cards.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 3 of 37
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@Skye12329 wrote:

There's been a little chase bonanza lately with the co-branded cards.  I'm thinking their fixing that little problem because they were giving up cards like crazy.  Probably making that system more in line with the chase branded cards.

Or perhaps they realized that since they have restricted credit card applications so severely, that there isn't much need for a credit card division...

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 4 of 37
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@Skye12329 wrote:

Or perhaps they realized that since they have restricted credit card applications so severely, that there isn't much need for a credit card division...

And the award goes to Themanwhocan Smiley LOLSmiley LOL

___________ 12Njoy
Message 5 of 37
ddemari
Super Contributor

I have tried to log into Chase and activate a credit card when their site has been down. And it basically says call them for any credit related help. But applying, after you applied did it say we need further time to review your application? How did you know their system was down? If you call the status line and the auto lady says nothing about your credit card status, that had proven postive for me. But I've never heard her say anything like we can't access your records.
Message 6 of 37
12njoy
Super Contributor

@ddemari wrote:
I have tried to log into Chase and activate a credit card when their site has been down. And it basically says call them for any credit related help. But applying, after you applied did it say we need further time to review your application? Yes I got the we need further time to review your application, aftewards the auto line said I'll be notified in two weeks. How did you know their system was down? After a few hours the auto status line couldn't access my records.  If you call the status line and the auto lady says nothing about your credit card status, that had proven postive for me. But I've never heard her say anything like we can't access your records.  Yes it now says unable to access your records.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 7 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved for CSP today after recon. I apped for CSP and a southwest card a week ago and both went to pending.

I checked the automated phone status and CSP  says 7 to 10 days so I thought that was a denial according to a lot of people's experience here.

The southwest card says two weeks so I thought I had a chance with that one but I received a letter of denial for southwest stating "too many request for credit or opened account with us".

I only have freedom card from chase. I never received any letter regarding my CSP application. I called today to recon southwest and after series of questions, the UW said he cant give me southwest because of my short credit history (I only have 4 months credit history) BUT my CSP application only needs verification and I was approved for 7k after they verified my identity.

I checked my online account and it was there. I was jumping afterwards because I felt like I climbed a huge hurdle. I only started building credit june of this year and I have 5 credit cards under my name. I know about 5/24 rule but I took a chance because some says that store cards dont count.

Here's my stats:

walmart fico: TU 753, EQ fako is 670, I dont know what my EX score is because I get error for not long enough history. No baddies. My cards are:

Chase freedom approved after 2 and a half credit history (3k limit), NFCU visa sig (5k limit), cap1 (800 limit), walmart (5k) and amazon store card (1400 limit).

csp is my sixth card since june.

Message 8 of 37
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was approved for CSP today after recon. I apped for CSP and a southwest card a week ago and both went to pending.

I checked the automated phone status and CSP  says 7 to 10 days so I thought that was a denial according to a lot of people's experience here.

The southwest card says two weeks so I thought I had a chance with that one but I received a letter of denial for southwest stating "too many request for credit or opened account with us".

I only have freedom card from chase. I never received any letter regarding my CSP application. I called today to recon southwest and after series of questions, the UW said he cant give me southwest because of my short credit history (I only have 4 months credit history) BUT my CSP application only needs verification and I was approved for 7k after they verified my identity.

I checked my online account and it was there. I was jumping afterwards because I felt like I climbed a huge hurdle. I only started building credit june of this year and I have 5 credit cards under my name. I know about 5/24 rule but I took a chance because some says that store cards dont count.

Here's my stats:

walmart fico: TU 753, EQ fako is 670, I dont know what my EX score is because I get error for not long enough history. No baddies. My cards are:

Chase freedom approved after 2 and a half credit history (3k limit), NFCU visa sig (5k limit), cap1 (800 limit), walmart (5k) and amazon store card (1400 limit).

Congrats.  Did you check automated line today?

___________ 12Njoy
Message 9 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

It still says being reviewed for both cards right now on automated status line.  7 to 10 business days for CSP and two weeks for southwest.

Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.