cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have newbie question regarding multiple credit card applications

tag
DarkStar16

Re: Have newbie question regarding multiple credit card applications

OK, so you are saying that I should apply for the Discover IT as well as a revolving Amex (like Blue?) before the end of April.

I am a bit confused. Do you mean that the NEW revolving Amex card would actually be considered an older account like my 25+ year Amex Gold card and even out the AAOA?

Will applying for 3 credit cards in a two day span not freak out Amex?

Message 11 of 18
gercredit
Contributor

I would recommend to apply today for the Discover IT as well, not sure about another AMEX

Message 12 of 18
DarkStar16

Thank you all for your encouragement, as I have just been approved for my Discover It card!! Whooohoo!!!!!!

If it weren't for your sage advice here I would have probably been to scared to try, so thanks again so much!

Message 13 of 18
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@DarkStar16 wrote:

Thank you all for your encouragement, as I have just been approved for my Discover It card!! Whooohoo!!!!!!

If it weren't for your sage advice here I would have probably been to scared to try, so thanks again so much!

Congrats on your approval! Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 18
PrimeRate
Frequent Contributor

Dark Star Congrats on the discover it card!

To answer your question on the AMEX: If you felt one of those no annual fee American Express cards could possibly fill a need, opening 1 will back date to your original MSD. So you will have 2 American Express TL's that will report as 25 year old accounts.

Your current inqs shouldn't do much damage, just something to consider for your AAOA's well being.
☮ & ❤
Message 15 of 18
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@DarkStar16 wrote:

Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 18
runner121
Established Member

@DarkStar16 wrote:

Congrats on your approval! Smiley Happy 

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.