Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help - CapOne Secured App Issues

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help - CapOne Secured App Issues

So I app'd the first week of July and was told needed more review. A week or so later I received a letter saying they wanted income verification. I thought for a secured card what's the point of an income verification? My income is through financial aid grants and loans from my University because I'm a full time student. So I just considered the app dead I didn't even see a point in replying because most won't really consider my financial aid as income.

But about 2 weeks ago I called in and they said my app was now in "approved status" and only needed my deposit. So I went online entered my banking info selected a deposit amount and they said they'd take out the deposit and within 7-10 days I'd get my card. I waited until after 10 days then called in today. I was told my application was no longer approved but now put back into "pending" status. This even though they withdrew the deposit from my bank account 10 days prior.

Needless to say I was furious because they took my money under the guise that I was approved and I'm apparently not anymore. I spoke to a supervisor and he said financial aid because it's not a bi-weekly or monthly deposit (it's deposited once every 3 months) is likely not going to be approved as a source of income.

Why are they being so crazy? My CS is 620 and I only noticed on CK after my secured app that I had a "very good" chance of approval for their unsecured card.

What are your thoughts?
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help - CapOne Secured App Issues

BUMP
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.