cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Got the 24hr Message on NFCU CLI request on day 91, what to do now?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help! Got the 24hr Message on NFCU CLI request on day 91, what to do now?

Hi everyone,  I'm somewhat of a newbie (I always lurked) and I need some help please.

I have a NFCU cash rewards card with $4.5K and I've been gardening decently, Today makes day 91 and my 3rd statement has cut, my fico is 689 and my overall utilization is 38% (first month was 2%, second was 18% and this month it's 38% and I will be paying that down asap). I submittd an online CLI for $25K hoping that I would get a counter offer somewhere in the middle but instead I got the 24 hr message. 

I had one small snafu where I asked too early a few weeks ago and I got a letter saying that my account was too new.

Is this now going to result in a HP? Do you think that I'll get some sort of an approval?  What should I do?

16 REPLIES 16
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Help! Got the 24hr Message on NFCU CLI request on day 91, what to do now?

You probably will get a HP. You should take some time, and carefully read the threads on Navy. Your best bet, instead of requesting the 25 would have been to select Max. That will give you the maximum the system will permit, based on the age of your accounts etc. When you request a number that is higher than that, it sees to go to manual review.
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for responding, do you think it's best to cancel the request to avoid the HP and try again maybe tomorrow using the maximum request option?

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for responding, do you think it's best to cancel the request to avoid the HP and try again maybe tomorrow using the maximum request option?

Welcome to MyFICO

That’s your best approach but it may be too late to cancel the request.  Give it a try though and good luck.

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just submitted it this morning at around 8:15 AM..let me try it now. Is calling my only option?

Thanks for the welcome.

Message 5 of 17
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Its more than likely too late to cancel it now. I would just wait it out, and if its declined, wait for the card to be 6 months old plus 6 statements, and then try again. Navy has recently gone to a 6 month CLI thing, where as its use to be 3 statements, and you'd get one.  Most recently, its been 6 months even upon new accts for a CLI. If  declined, dont worry about it, just use your card and pay, and you'll more than likely get one after 6 months. 

Welcome to the forums too! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. So I just called them and I was told that they already checked (I'm assuming a hardpull) and that it was declined. I normally get notifications of any inquiries through CK and WH and haven't seen or gotten one yet. I'm so pissed.

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

My son clicked MAX and it went to review. He immediately canceled the request to avoid the HP. So even hitting the max button can make it go to review.

Message 8 of 17
trsharpe27
Established Member

I did the same thing last week, but was advised it was too late to cancel the HP. I appd for a new card right after talking to them and was approved for a Visa Sig.

Starting Score (04/08/2017): EQ: 509, TU: 518
Current Score: EX: 626 EQ: 618 TU: 646
Goal Score: EQ:720, TU: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks. So I just called them and I was told that they already checked (I'm assuming a hardpull) and that it was declined. I normally get notifications of any inquiries through CK and WH and haven't seen or gotten one yet. I'm so pissed.

@Anonymous

Sorry that you were declined.  You have the option to recon with them. Send a secure message citing the reasons that you need/deserve a CLI and while I can't promise anything, they're pretty good at taking a 2nd look. If not, try again in 3 months.  Undoubtedly your limit will grow over time as NFCU is very good at increasing limits after you have used the card for awhile.  Good luck.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.