cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Me Build My Portfolio! Fidelity Amex or Blue Cash?

tag
BayRaider510
Established Member

Help Me Build My Portfolio! Fidelity Amex or Blue Cash?

I'm pretty new to the credit card world and would like your guy's advice. Trying to build my credit with cards that best suit me. Here is my current credit stats:

Scores Across all thres bureaus: 740-750

Overall Utilization: 2%

Capital One Secured MasterCard|2 Years 10 Months|$750

Barclay Arrival Plus World Elite MasterCard|1 Year 9 Months|$3100

Valley First Credit Union Signature Platinum Visa|0 Years 3 Months|$5000

SallieMae MasterCard|Approved Today|$1000

Kind of disappointed in the CL for the SallieMae but also stoked to have the card, big Amazon User. 

I want to apply for another card but should I wait 30 days as I just acquired an inquiry? Or as long as it's not TransUnion (what SallieMae used), can I app now since SallieMae isn't reporting yet? 

Now onto Blue Cash vs Fidelity. Anyone have experience with these cards and what do you prefer? Since I have SallieMae and don't usually spend more than $250 a month on groceries, is Blue Cash kind of pointless for my needs compared to a 2% back card like Fidelity? With Fidelity can you get a statement credit/check instead of going to investment account? I read somewhere once it's $250 you can. Which card typically gives a higher limit? Also, how long do you need an account open with Fidelity? What bureaus do these two cards pull? And lastly, what would my chances of approval be? 

Also thinking about Citi Double Cash but I heard they give low limits and I really don't want another 1-2k limit card. Otherwise this would seem like a perfect card for me. What credit bureau do they pull and what are my odds of getting beyond a 2k credit limit? Would anyone suggest this card out of the three? 

Sorry for all the questions guys! Really wanna build my portfolio and hope you guys can help me out! Thanks!!

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.