Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help recon Chase SL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help recon Chase SL

Hey guys, I just recently got the Chase AARP card... but a low SL of 1.2k while my other cards are quite high at relatively 10k a pop. Any Advice on how/when I should call about asking to maybe match the limit with my other Chase Freedom at 3.5k? All advice will be heeded. Thanks a bunch

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Re: Help recon Chase SL

Chase in my experience does not recon CL, you would need to either move some line over or ask for a CLI which could result in another HP.

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 2 of 19
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Would be another HP.. Not sure if it is worth it or not.. Best bet is to roll over your Freedom line to the AARP and close out your Freedom.. For whatever reason Chase is giving you some low approval amounts compared to your other cards.  Guessing you might be at their lending threshold, although cannot be sure of that.

Message 3 of 19
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

Tell them to match your other cards if not you will close the card and file a complaint with BBB.

That will scare them.

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is BBB?

Message 5 of 19
tendertan
Frequent Contributor

Better Business Bureau

Message 6 of 19
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

huh what does the BBB have anything to do with this?  I think you are joking or at least hope you are..  Chase has done nothing wrong, it is their credit and they can do with it as they see fit if they want to flat out deny you with perfect 850 scores they can or they can give you a 20k CL with a 580 score.

@tonyjones wrote:

Tell them to match your other cards if not you will close the card and file a complaint with BBB.

That will scare them.

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am going to be brutally honest.  I wouldn't do it if I were you.  Scaring Chase by filing a complaint with BBB? Yeah.. Ok- All the best with that. You will just be wasting your time and pissing Chase off should it get to the higher up for not giving you an increase.

You should ask the guy who created the Chase Sucks website during the mortgage crisis what happen to him.  Site taken down, banned for life by Chase and can never ever bank or have any products with them.

You filing may not result in that, but save your time and use it on something that will yield results than a complaint-

Message 8 of 19
myjourney
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

huh what does the BBB have anything to do with this?  I think you are joking or at least hope you are..  Chase has done nothing wrong, it is their credit and they can do with it as they see fit if they want to flat out deny you with perfect 850 scores they can or they can give you a 20k CL with a 580 score.

@tonyjones wrote:

That will scare them.

+1CC

Chase has done nothing wrong and are within there rights to offer their money at their lending rate

I might add the tactic of threatenings lenders will usually get you just what you asked for in the threat 

A CLOSED CARD and Chases permission to GO FILE A COMPLAINT 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 9 of 19
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am going to be brutally honest.  I wouldn't do it if I were you.  Scaring Chase by filing BBB? Yeah.. Ok- All the best with that. You will just be wasting your time and pissing Chase off should it get to the higher up for not giving you an increase.

You should ask the guy who created the Chase Sucks website during the mortgage crisis what happen to him.  Site taken down, banned for life by Chase and can never ever bank or have any products with them.

You filing may not result in that, but save your time and use it on something that will yield results than a complaint-

Beat me huh Lol

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.