Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with CLI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with CLI?

So I posted in the other forum but I don't think that was the correct spot to post.

Recently had an app spree and was approved for the following cards -
* Citi DoubleCash - $1,000 limit
* Chase Freedom - $2,000 limit
* Synchrony Marvel Mastercard - SL not provided on approval page
* Synchrony Walmart Mastercard - $1,200 limit

I have only received one out of the 4 cards in the mail so far, but a lot of people post about calling Credit Solutions or Customer Service and immediately requesting a CLI, either after getting approved or right after activating the card.

Should I try calling to get any of the limits raised right now or should I at least wait until I get the cards in the mail and activate. (And as a side note, do any of these 3 lenders do a HP for CLI?)

Any info will help! Thanks!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
jeffm4688
Frequent Contributor

Re: Help with CLI?

congrats on the approvals.

Sync will allow a CLI request before activating the card & you can do so by calling credit solutions. It will not be a HP.

Chase and Citi both do HP's for CLI's. Citi is known to offer SP CLI's every 6 months but that's not guarnteed. 

FICO 12/2015 - EX 692 TU 685

FICO 10/2021 - EX 596 TU 605 EQ 600 - officially rebuilding.

What survived:
Amex HH - 1.5K | Amex Delta - 1K | Amex Bonvoy - 1.5K | Amex BRG - 3.5K | Amex BRG - 3.5K | Amex Business Cash- 2K | Amex Business Plus - 2K
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can call the same number for Credit solution on your Marvel and Walmart for CLI. 

You can ask them about your Marvel SL once you called. Snych's CLI are all SP so far (for me anyways).

Number is 877-379-8173

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
So I posted in the other forum but I don't think that was the correct spot to post.

Recently had an app spree and was approved for the following cards -
* Citi DoubleCash - $1,000 limit
* Chase Freedom - $2,000 limit
* Synchrony Marvel Mastercard - SL not provided on approval page
* Synchrony Walmart Mastercard - $1,200 limit

I have only received one out of the 4 cards in the mail so far, but a lot of people post about calling Credit Solutions or Customer Service and immediately requesting a CLI, either after getting approved or right after activating the card.

Should I try calling to get any of the limits raised right now or should I at least wait until I get the cards in the mail and activate. (And as a side note, do any of these 3 lenders do a HP for CLI?)

Any info will help! Thanks!

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 8
garagebandking
Regular Contributor

Bumping a zombie thread but this was the first result in Google when I searched Marvel MC HP CLI

I attempted an online CLI request earlier this week and it was an attempted HP!

Reports were frozen so no biggie.

Message 5 of 8
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@garagebandking wrote:

Bumping a zombie thread but this was the first result in Google when I searched Marvel MC HP CLI

I attempted an online CLI request earlier this week and it was an attempted HP!

Reports were frozen so no biggie.

Yeah, occasionally Synchrony does a HP for a CLI, and also many people have reported that if you have your TU frozen Credit Solutions is unable to do the manual SP as well. 

Message 6 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Hmmm, UncleB, i dont quite remember if thats perhaps why i got the Ex pull from Amazon months ago. Its quite possible i did have my TU froze and what else is a CSR to do lol but search a viable way to give cli. Thats a thinker, didnt GET the cli either so thats the stinkerSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

from what I've noticed, Synchrony has gotten a little tighter with all the Marvel CLIs people were getting before they had their card in hand. I think it's better to use it for about 6 months to show some kind of use and history before asking
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.