cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Helping a friend! CC Application Advice...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Helping a friend! CC Application Advice...

Okay cool!!

It looks like BOA has a bonus too. We plan on doing this tomorrow so I have a really good set up list going. Ill update how it all goes for her.
Message 11 of 19
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Okay cool!!

It looks like BOA has a bonus too. We plan on doing this tomorrow so I have a really good set up list going. Ill update how it all goes for her.

Any updates? Would luv to hear how everything turned out.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like to hear any results as well !
Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

****Update****

She applied for the Chase Freedom Unlimited and was approved for 1500$ 0% for 15 months then 24.49 APR, 150$ for 500$ Bonus - 6/26

After that she was apprehensive about applying for any other cards. She talked to her mom about applying for credit and I think her mom made her scared to get any cards at all. I didn't push the issue but I'm glad she has at least one although 3 would have been better score wise.

I'm just personally happy to have these boards. She had a ton of misconceptions about credit and I've been able to have access to so much information early on to educate myself. You all ROCK! Thank you for all the advice to help her.
Message 14 of 19
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thats great news!

I think you should tell her to register at MyFICO so that she can also benefit from all the info all of us learn from and share with each other.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

QS is an ok card, but with a likely approval on the FU, isn't it kind of redundant. I'd just hit the FU, then get an Amex and an installment loan. Her scores will skyrocket, if she treats them well.
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I told her about Myfico and she seemed a bit overwhelmed by the site which is fine but I do hope she signs up.

She didn't want to get an installment loan or any other credit cards but still wanted to build her credit up. I told her that 3 cards plus an installment loan would give her the best score build up. She seemed super intimidated about the idea of having more than one card.

I'm not sure how her credit will grow with just the one card but I guess it's something.
Message 17 of 19
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Sugarpixie, you have done an outstanding job with assisting her in her journey toward obtaining additional credit. I think in her own time she will do okay. She may be reluctant because of the WF closed acct and possibly choices she made in the past regarding late/non-payments. I think she'll be okay knowing that she can talk to you if needed.

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very true!

I never thought about it from the perspective of her having a bad experience with credit. Yeah I told her to come to me if she had any questions and she seemed happy about that. Always glad to offer help.
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.