Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

History With Chase

tag
thunderxls
Valued Member

History With Chase

I have some negative history with Chase. Back in 2009 I settled two charge-off accounts with them. It has been roughly five years and do not have any late or derogs on my file for the past two years. Have been on an app spree with 8 inq over the past 4 months with 7 new accounts! My question is, with the prior relationship with Chase am I on their blacklist? Thinking of applying for the Soutwest Rapid rewards card. Current scores are in the 630+ range. Thanks in advance for any help!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: History With Chase

@thunderxls wrote:

I have some negative history with Chase. Back in 2009 I settled two charge-off accounts with them. It has been roughly five years and do not have any late or derogs on my file for the past two years. Have been on an app spree with 8 inq over the past 4 months with 7 new accounts! My question is, with the prior relationship with Chase am I on their blacklist? Thinking of applying for the Soutwest Rapid rewards card. Current scores are in the 630+ range. Thanks in advance for any help!

typically the way to test being blacklisted is to apply and check for a HP, if instant denial and no HP you are black listed. With a score of 630, I would say its unlikely you would qualify.   I would wait til you are at least 670+ 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are better off waiting with your current scores.  Get it up before you apply as people who have not even burn them don't usually get approved with current scores as yours.  So I'd first get it up before considering an application with Chase...

Message 3 of 12
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@thunderxls wrote:

Scorewise, I wouldn't burn the HP

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 4 of 12
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@thunderxls wrote:

The scores are on the low side but I wouldn't be surprised if you got back through the door through the Amazon Chase Visa card.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 5 of 12
Callandra
Valued Contributor

Note that it's possible for you to get denied WITH a HP and the reason "denied due to previous negative banking relationship." Depending on how much you burned them for (you say you settled the accounts?), you might be blacklisted. 

I would wait for you scores to be in the 700 range to be safe. 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thunderxls wrote:

Did you do the Chase prequal?

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jamesdwi wrote:

@thunderxls wrote:

typically the way to test being blacklisted is to apply and check for a HP, if instant denial and no HP you are black listed. With a score of 630, I would say its unlikely you would qualify.   I would wait til you are at least 670+ 

My scores were in the 620s when I got approved for Freedom. 

Message 8 of 12
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

As far as scoring goes, yes everyone's approvals are based on different situations but with a past of burning them it's not just credit scores that may or may not be against you. I would garden and let your scored grow and continue to utilize credit the best way.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

YMMV, best way to describe the 620s approval
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.