Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hit the proverbial wall! Days of churning appear to be over! Time to garden

tag
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Hit the proverbial wall! Days of churning appear to be over! Time to garden

A little bit depressing but aT this point in my rebuild I have hit the proverbial wall. Also appears BC, BofA and CO have tightened up their appl process to deter churners like myself. I now understand that I really need to garden at the minimum of one-two years.  This is hard for me to admit but the writing is on the wall, as I can no longer get approved by these banks.  AX might be an option late next year with Chase and Citi (prestige)  an option in two years. I spoke with UW from both banks along with US Bank and was told the same thing too many recent Inq and or new accounts and that in some cases I prev had the product and was not eligible.  This was in regards to the Arr+, Venture, Aviator and AK Air Visa.  Not sure how some of you with tons of inquiries / new accounts are getting approved but it no longer works for me. 

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hit the proverbial wall! Days of churning appear to be over! Time to garden

I actually thought of you when Barclays implemented the 5/24 on the arrival. I haven't heard anything regards to the other cards you mentioned except CO is being super weird about the Venture with denials. 

Didnt you just close all your CO cards? 

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@morgacj2004 wrote:

A little bit depressing but aT this point in my rebuild I have hit the proverbial wall. Also appears BC, BofA and CO have tightened up their appl process to deter churners like myself. I now understand that I really need to garden at the minimum of one-two years.  This is hard for me to admit but the writing is on the wall, as I can no longer get approved by these banks.  AX might be an option late next year with Chase and Citi (prestige)  an option in two years. I spoke with UW from both banks along with US Bank and was told the same thing too many recent Inq and or new accounts and that in some cases I prev had the product and was not eligible.  This was in regards to the Arr+, Venture, Aviator and AK Air Visa.  Not sure how some of you with tons of inquiries / new accounts are getting approved but it no longer works for me. 

Doesn't look like you have a ton of cards. No American Express cards. They don't seem to be very new accounts and inquiry sensitive.  Also I just got the Aviator and I have a ton of new accounts and Inquiries.  You have 200k in limits on cards does your income support this amount of credit limit?

Message 3 of 10
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

I did close all of my CO cards. Got greedy and got another Venture ( no bonus) as I previous had the card. I am not quite eligible for AX until my BK hits 5 years which happens in November. I was declined for the Aviator and Arr+ as I previously had both cards. I am AU now on both cards that my wife has. I previous closed both of mine. I simply need to wait and garden for awhile as much as it pains me to do so. By the way income is around 120 k. ( hshld)

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 4 of 10
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Nah..you haven't hit that wall yet. You're no where near that wall. Lol
Just give it time. The approvals will start to roll back in. You're in what I call that lull period at the moment. In 90 to 180 days, you'll be racking them and stacking them. lol
Message 5 of 10
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

I hope u r right.

Message 6 of 10
steelers1
Frequent Contributor

@morgacj2004 wrote:
I did close all of my CO cards. Got greedy and got another Venture ( no bonus) as I previous had the card. I am not quite eligible for AX until my BK hits 5 years which happens in November. I was declined for the Aviator and Arr+ as I previously had both cards. I am AU now on both cards that my wife has. I previous closed both of mine. I simply need to wait and garden for awhile as much as it pains me to do so. By the way income is around 120 k. ( hshld)

Is it only a one time only Venture bonus now?

I have had 2 in the past and got a bonus on both.

Message 7 of 10
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

I got it the first 2 or 3 x. This time they said no! Called EEO with same answer.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with gmood. I’ve noticed once I start getting those denials I wait a good three months and they start rolling again. Three months without any inquiries at all seems to ‘reset’ things.
Message 9 of 10
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

That's my plan but it will be longer than 3 months. I really do believe the market is changing and churners are an endangered species. The banks have finally caught on and were simply slow in reacting.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.