Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home depot increase

tag
elaine829
Frequent Contributor

Home depot increase

Has any one received a soft pull for a credit limit increase from home depot. It always seem like a hard pull.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Re: Home depot increase

@elaine829 wrote:

Has any one received a soft pull for a credit limit increase from home depot. It always seem like a hard pull.

It's backed by Citi, so that's why it's a HP. 

Message 2 of 8
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Its always a HP. Only time its a SP is within 30 days of a new app/card that was approved. After 30 days.....HP.
Message 3 of 8
Loques
Regular Contributor

Always a HP for me. I bit the bullet 3 months after opening and got a $1200 increase, but it has been stuck there since. No automatic CLI and every time I call, it's a HP. I was actually considering closing this card because it doesn't seem to be one that grows with you. I've been at the same limit for 15 months and only use the card once every 3 months to keep it active.

It's a good card if you use the no interest deals, but I just don't use it enough. I once called to see about an APR reduction...they told me I could use one of the no interest deals they offer instead. Smiley Wink

Current Score (11/2020): EQ: 753 | TU: 731 | EX: 749---Starting Score (3/2010): EQ: 522 | TU: 525 | EX: 520---Goal: All 3 FICO 800+
--------------------
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Always a HP if customer initiated!!!!   I took mine from $2000 to $7500 back in May, but I had a project I was working on and needed it, so I ate the HP.  As far as autoLUV, I am sure it happens, but how often I don't know.

Message 5 of 8
new2016
New Visitor

I opened this card in June 2016 with a cl of $500 to  purchased a lawn mower. I just initiated a cli and now have a cl of $10K and it was not a hp. I went for a cli on my best buy cc by the same bank and it was a hp. Not sure why but I'm happy for the $9500 cli on the home depot to purchase my appliance for my mew home.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

What CRA does Home Depot request from? I have a Home Depot Consumer Card with a SL $500 which I've never used that I opened about 6-7 months ago. I was browsing around Home Depot site couple hours ago and remembered about my card with them. I thought I'd try my luck on a CLI of $3000 and got an instant approval. I never got any alert (not yet, I guess) from any CRA that a credit inquiry was initiated.

Well, maybe it's coming then. Was very suprised I was approved since my inquiries are ridiculous. It said the new credit line of $3000 is available right away. 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got my answer. HP just appeared on EQ. hahaha. Well, glad I got an instant approval with my track record.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.