Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hoping this isn't an Amex denial...

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Hoping this isn't an Amex denial...

@MrDisco99 If you see this please modify the link. Thanks!

They’re not going to call the lender to verify that account is open. If it shows as open they will assume it is open. Sounds like it’s working to your advantage, so I’d probably leave it alone. 

Message 11 of 29
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

When I started shopping around for my mortgage, I hadn't had a card account in something like 8 years.  All that was in my history was student loans and a car loan.  And my scores were in the 720s.

Message 12 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@MrDisco99 If you see this please modify the link. Thanks!

They’re not going to call the lender to verify that account is open. If it shows as open they will assume it is open. Sounds like it’s working to your advantage, so I’d probably leave it alone. 

I fixed it, now it's workis

Message 13 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still no update on the app status link. 

I called and they said "It's pending. It went to a different team to be a review". Whatever that means.

I guess I shouldn't have applied at Amex since it was working in my favor having a mistake on my report from them 10+ years ago. Credit Karma updated yesterday and the mistake has been fixed.. LOL.

I just thought I had a good chance with them as I never burned them and pre-qualified with them for the last few months...and for now the rewards appeal to me. I hit the 6 month mark with Cap1 and went for it. They said I'll have an answer by Friday. It's 10 days for approval and not business days so the holiday weekend should not effect it.

Message 14 of 29
RadioRob
Established Contributor

The fact they have not outright denied you is a good sign!  Keep your thoughts on the positive side!  

Good luck!  

Message 15 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only time I've received a message like this was because I applied for the Blue Cash and Everyday card in the same day.  I had to call them just to make sure they knew it was me and then was approved for both.  Sometimes you're just a call away...hopefully you get it dude

Message 16 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hopefully, you get approved. I applied for the BCE today and received the 14 day message, too. I'm hoping it'll go through since I have the Zync for about 7yrs with Amex. But, I guess I'll have to wait and see too.

Message 17 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all.

Kaminia, hopefully you're in too!

I'm on day 9. I called again because previous rep said I should have an answer by Friday. They kept track of how many times I called so I don't want to call again in case it looks desparate. Lol This CSR said there was a "technical glitch" with a few apps that day so they are up for  manual review but I don't have to worry about another hard pull or anything. She gave me the same story about waiting for an email once it's reviewed.

Well, I should have an update by Thursday and will update this thread.

Message 18 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks AltCtrlDelMyScores! Amex actually called me yesterday to verify somethings with me and I was approved over the phone.

Sorry to hear that it's taking awhile to recieve a decision. Hopefully you get one soon. Good luck!

Message 19 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved!!!

This credit line can't be real though **bleep**? LOL 10k.jpg

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.