Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Inquiry Sensitive is BOA?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How Inquiry Sensitive is BOA?

I have no banking relationship with them, but am interested in beginning one with one of their credit cards (not sure which one yet).

Inquiries:  TU 11, EX 15, EQ 5 (all of them within the last 6 months)

FICO:  TU 727  EX 746  EQ 710

UTIL:  Roughly 8% of 105k open credit (AmEx, Synchrony, Chase, Capital One, Comenity)

NEG:  1 Charge off only on my Equifax report (falling off August 2015)

INCOME:  85k

After going through as many posts as possible, it looks like BOA might be "iffy" when it comes to Inquiries (?)  Are there any other peculiar nuances about this bank that I should know about before even applying with them (or maybe not applying at all)?

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How Inquiry Sensitive is BOA?

I had zero previous relationship with BOA. Had 5 TU, 10 EQ, and 11 EX hard inquiries within the last month. All my scores in the low 700s. Way more baddies than you. And my income is slightly lower than yours and was instantly approved for $5000. 

Message 2 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I had zero previous relationship with BOA. Had 5 TU, 10 EQ, and 11 EX hard inquiries within the last month. All my scores in the low 700s. Way more baddies than you. And my income is slightly lower than yours and was instantly approved for $5000. 

That is reassuring!  Which product did you apply for, and did you receive an instant approval?

Message 3 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

The BOA cash rewards. Yes. I applied online and was approved within 60 seconds.

Message 4 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the info!  It definitely helps me make a more informed decision! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 33
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the info!  It definitely helps me make a more informed decision! Smiley Happy

Worse case scenario (if denied) and if your profile support it, you can always ask for a reconsideration.  They typically pull TU or EX.

Message 6 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think they are at all.  I get emails, letters, etc. from them all the time.  I bank with them but since my Nov app spree, I just don't want to get another card right now.  Only gardening for me.  Go for it!

Message 7 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't think they are at all.  I get emails, letters, etc. from them all the time.  I bank with them but since my Nov app spree, I just don't want to get another card right now.  Only gardening for me.  Go for it!

You guys are certainly tempting me!  If I do recon, I hope they aren't as mean as the Barclay's analysts :/

Message 8 of 33
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

BoA has never been inq sensitive for me. They did raise a concern about new accts once on a reconsideration call but they still approved me. I would say Citi and Comenity are the most sensitive to inquiries than the others.
Message 9 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@B335is wrote:
BoA has never been inq sensitive for me. They did raise a concern about new accts once on a reconsideration call but they still approved me. I would say Citi and Comenity are the most sensitive to inquiries than the others.

Good to know.  And, I agree with the last part... especially citi!  Any BOA product you'd highly recommend? 

Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.