Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Inquiry Sensitive is BOA?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How Inquiry Sensitive is BOA?

I wonder if I'd get approved for a boa bbr? I need to start accumulating them early. 

Thinking being an au for a brief period may not help much. 

Maybe waiting would be best since they combine inquiries? 

Message 21 of 33
taxi818
Super Contributor

Did you app yet op?  Curious. Last true lender I want to get in with. 

Message 22 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too want to app for their card. I went on an spree earlier this month and I am trying to refrain from apping. Seems like nobody has replied if they apped or not. Good luck if you do and keep us posted.

Message 23 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also interested in finding out if they care about number of new apps within a certain time frame?

I have four new apps this year.

I know Chase cares about no more than 5 new apps in 2 years, just wondering about B of A.

thanks

Message 24 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Coworker has 9, approved for 123. They're like US bank and Citi Bank they don't care about small sprees they care about a charge off thats 8 years old. I got my scores over 700 again and they told me to take a hike
Message 25 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

5 years old. If it was 8, I'd have a bofa
Message 26 of 33
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Coworker has 9, approved for 123. They're like US bank and Citi Bank they don't care about small sprees they care about a charge off thats 8 years old. I got my scores over 700 again and they told me to take a hike

+1

I had an old Providian that converted to Wamu that converted to Chase during the time it was being CO'd back in 2006/2007.  The Chase site now shows me prequalified for Freedom (and sometimes Slate) but I don't bother apping for either... I'm sure they'll hold the old card against me.  I also had a Juniper that was CO'd long ago (2005), and Barclay's still holds that against me... they don't even do a credit pull (thankfully).

That's OK... there are lots of other good lenders out there!  Smiley Wink

Message 27 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 2 cards with them Rewards and Platinum, Last week I called for CLI they ran TU I have 21 inquiries 10 of them this month lol.  I have the cards since 2013 and I only got 1 CLI on 1 card.  They want a HP everytime I asked for CLI .

Message 28 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since I have not directly screwed with them I'm going to try to get added as a user on my mom's account again it's not necessary Chase loves me
Message 29 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1

I had an old Providian that converted to Wamu that converted to Chase during the time it was being CO'd back in 2006/2007.  The Chase site now shows me prequalified for Freedom (and sometimes Slate) but I don't bother apping for either... I'm sure they'll hold the old card against me.  I also had a Juniper that was CO'd long ago (2005), and Barclay's still holds that against me... they don't even do a credit pull (thankfully).

That's OK... there are lots of other good lenders out there!  Smiley Wink

I have exactly the same Providian scenario, and when I reconned my Freedom the analyst did bring it up. Still approved me. I did pay it off back then, though.

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.