Did you mean: 

How Inquiry Sensitive is BOA?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How Inquiry Sensitive is BOA?

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Coworker has 9, approved for 123. They're like US bank and Citi Bank they don't care about small sprees they care about a charge off thats 8 years old. I got my scores over 700 again and they told me to take a hike

+1

I had an old Providian that converted to Wamu that converted to Chase during the time it was being CO'd back in 2006/2007.  The Chase site now shows me prequalified for Freedom (and sometimes Slate) but I don't bother apping for either... I'm sure they'll hold the old card against me.  I also had a Juniper that was CO'd long ago (2005), and Barclay's still holds that against me... they don't even do a credit pull (thankfully).

That's OK... there are lots of other good lenders out there!  Smiley Wink

Hey B, you know I had the same thing come up when I app'd for IHG/Hyatt. I had a providian turned Slate thing for $300-$500. They did say while reconning it had no impact on their decision....but I bet you it could prevent an instant approval for sure...

Message 31 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

inquiries not so much but new accounts very much so.....but not as bad as Chase 

Message 32 of 33
UncleB
Credit Mentor

As this thread is over a year and a half old and some of the information might be outdated it is now closed to new comments.

Please feel free to start a new thread if you would like to share recent data points. 

--UB, myFICO Moderator

Message 33 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.