Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How difficult is Chase AARP Visa and REI Mastercard

tag
LShan82
Regular Contributor

How difficult is Chase AARP Visa and REI Mastercard

THey sent me offers in the mail and I'm wondering if I should try.  Right now my scores are ~676 across the board.  One collex from 4 years ago that I really need to fight b/c it was supposed to be a pay for delete with comcast, that never should have been a collex.  I never got a notice, just saw it on my reports.  And some lates, 4 years ago is the newest?  

Should I just wait? Where do they want your inq's, and utilization? Who do they pull? Has anyone been approved with serious baddies? Bankruptcies, liens and etc?

Why do they send us offers if there's a chance we might not qualify? 

Current Scores 11/2016:Equifax 8: 688 TransU 8: 675 Xperian 8: 674 Cards: Penfed Promise Visa Barclay Reward MasterCard American Express Blue Cash Rewards Nordstrom
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: How difficult is Chase AARP Visa and REI Mastercard

Check the Credit Pulls Database to see who they pull for those cards.

Chase either pulled Ex or Eq for me. TOns of Inq on both, 1 paid CO on Ex and Eq, 9 year old BK7 showing on Eq...  Util maybe 6%, no card higher than 20%

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Offers with fixed interest rates?

I'd say go for it!

Message 3 of 6
LShan82
Regular Contributor

hahaha yes the AARP is interest free for a year.  I forgot what the REI was. 

Current Scores 11/2016:Equifax 8: 688 TransU 8: 675 Xperian 8: 674 Cards: Penfed Promise Visa Barclay Reward MasterCard American Express Blue Cash Rewards Nordstrom
Message 4 of 6
Gidgetmom
Frequent Contributor

They pulled EX and EQ for me in Florida.  Good luck!

Message 5 of 6
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

I'd go for it.. the AARP shouldn't be too hard to get since CL start at $500.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.