Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take to get a Capital One Secured card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long does it take to get a Capital One Secured card

I applied and was instantly approved for the secured card on 2/28/17 I immediatly funded it online, the money was removed from my bank acct. the next day 3/1/17 I have called numerous times and it always says we are reviewing your application. Its now been 10 business days with no communication email/phone/or mail. I talked to customer service and all they will tell me is they recieved the funds, but wont tell me when or confirm if the card has shipped or anything. I dont understand why I cant get information on my own account and my own money posting to my credit card acct. that I was approved for.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

Re: How long does it take to get a Capital One Secured card

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied and was instantly approved for the secured card on 2/28/17 I immediatly funded it online, the money was removed from my bank acct. the next day 3/1/17 I have called numerous times and it always says we are reviewing your application. Its now been 10 business days with no communication email/phone/or mail. I talked to customer service and all they will tell me is they recieved the funds, but wont tell me when or confirm if the card has shipped or anything. I dont understand why I cant get information on my own account and my own money posting to my credit card acct. that I was approved for.

I'm sorry for your loss...of time. If only you had gone with Discover Smiley Sad  Good luck!

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 2 of 20
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Sorry OP ours was approved within the same day or two of funding it
Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently applied and funded my cap one secured card and it took about 3 weeks to receive it. Hang in there...it's on the way ☺
Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am in the same boat! I funded my account on the 27th of February! Called in on the 13th because I received a very confusing letter stating as if my security deposit had not posted. Welp the lady confirmed that the deposit was received on the 2/27 and today I received an email stating that my card has been mailed. Umm today marks 2.8 weeks like this is ridiculous. I am on the phone right now as I type. Mind you I have Credit One card, a Merrick Bank card and I have an authorized user on my mom Cap One card. Guess what guys! My other Cap One (Unsecured card) took 5 days yall!

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

It took me almost a month from the time I applied until I got my card. After you find the card, it takes another 5-7 business days before they ship it and only then will you receive an email. Once they ship the card it only takes about 5 business days. Hang in there. You're almost at the finish line
Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you had any communications yet?

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

My citi secured took almost 20 days from application to actually getting the card. They said the hold up is because it takes a long time to move the deposit from you bank and verify it.

Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally got the email that the card has shipped!

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I am in the same boat! I funded my account on the 27th of February! Called in on the 13th because I received a very confusing letter stating as if my security deposit had not posted. Welp the lady confirmed that the deposit was received on the 2/27 and today I received an email stating that my card has been mailed. Umm today marks 2.8 weeks like this is ridiculous. I am on the phone right now as I type. Mind you I have Credit One card, a Merrick Bank card and I have an authorized user on my mom Cap One card. Guess what guys! My other Cap One (Unsecured card) took 5 days yall!

Did you get your card yet? Mine shipped out on Saturday I'm being told!

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.