Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take to get a Capital One Secured card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long does it take to get a Capital One Secured card

Did anyone have to verify their card?

I read somewhere on the site you may have to verify your identiy through Canada Post. I read this after applying or else I would have included my SSS on the application. I sent my funds on March 7 and did confirm they were received, but still have nothing in the mail regarding my card or veriflying my identity. I absolutely need this card by April 11 so I'm getting nervous as the verifying process takes 8-10 days and then sending the card takes another 7-10 days. Should I go ahead and sign up for a different card to make sure I get one in time?? I see Peoples Trust as an option and it doesn't seem like it will take as long.

Thanks!

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you get your card yet or did you have to verify your identity?

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my card in the mail today. It took 21 days from applying to get the card. It took me the full 10 business days for them to post the deposit to my account even though they took the funds from my bank account the day after applying. After your deposit posts it was about 5 business days which is today. Today i received an email stating my card has shipped. Its also the day i got the card in the mail.
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you get any emails from them prior to that email? The only correspondance I have gotten from them so far was the letter at the start saying I was approved. That came really fast... but noting since.

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a letter on the 17th that the account was opened on the 14th and they were waiting for my deposit and to discard if i already did my deposit. (Which i did and they took out of my account on the 2nd.) they are horrible with communicating during the whole process. I believe this is the letter you are refering to. So your next communication will be the email saying card has shipped.
Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Like i said i would count 10 business days since they pulled your deposit from your bank and then they should post the deposit. After that about 5 business days and you should see the card in the mail.
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fingers Crossed, I hope you're right! Smiley Happy

If the next letter is to verify my identiy, I'll be FOREVER getting this card!

Glad to hear you got yours!

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should be able to call them and verify that you are approved. They wouldnt approve you with out verifying your idenity. I was also told they dont pull the deposit until your approved which makes me feel you are good to go! They dont give detailed info but should be able to tell you the status. Also the automated always told me it was processing, they told me i was approved..the automated system doesnt switch to approved until the deposit post..
Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't have any problems myself getting my Cap One secured, even though there was a holiday intervening during the processing/mailing period. I applied for the card on December 28th 2015 and funded it to the tune of $500 (getting me a $651 credit line), and though I don't remember exactly how long it took, I believe I got it in the mail within 2 calendar weeks of my application. (For contrast, when I was approved for my Cap One unsecured last month, it was precisely one calendar week from application/approval to delivery in the mail - February 10 to February 17.)

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called today and they said they sent my verification letter on the 13th. So I do have to verify my identiy even though I am approved. The info on their website said "To comply with Canadian federal regulaions, Capital One is required to verify each cutomer's identiy before issuing their card." UGH! So once I verify, Canadaa Post will express post it to them, and then they have to create my card and send it me. I'm going to be very close to my deadline!

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.