cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to wait to request Barclays Rewards CLI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long to wait to request Barclays Rewards CLI?

Hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllloo community,

so I'm sittin here wanting use my Barclay Rewards card for my ph bill but with my small $500 opening CLI and a balance of roughly half that I kinda can't tonight. I mean after I pay down some of my balance tonight and then wait for my payment to clear I can, but that is such a pain. I mean I always pay down my accts through the month until I get where I wanna be as far as my reporting limit, but that $500 CL makes more nerve racking as I feel like I'm almost always sending something. I've only had the acct since mid-end of October and I've easily slid n ran that baby for over $1,500 closer to $2,000.

I'm wondering what everyones thoughts are as far if I have any kind of chance at calling now and requesting a CLI given the small opening CL and good payment history... Has anybody else tried this manuver and if so what was your take away? Also, will it be a HP if I do?

Thanks

Edit: capitalization unnecessary

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Involver
Valued Contributor

Re: HOW LONG TO WAIT TO REQUEST CLI FOR BARLAYS REWARDS

Wait until after your 7th statement cuts. If you don't get an auto CLI I would say it's a good time to ask. I would skip the online request though and go straight to their underwriting dept.
Message 2 of 11
mikelo22
Established Contributor

Unless you get an Auto-CLI, I believe it's always going to be a HP from Barclays.

Message 3 of 11
aav
Established Contributor

Barclay gave me a cli about 3 months in...but that's 'cause I aprnt a bunch and paid it off right away. I had to ask for the 2nd increase and it wasn't pretty. They gave it grudgingly and it was definitely an hp. I don't think they'll be too generous next time 'round either. Oh well. Somebody should give me an increase soon. I'm getting anxious. Lol

EQ - 834 TU - 823 EX - 822
Amex NPSL Amex BCP - 25,000, Amex EDC - 12000, Diner's Club Premier -35,000, Ritz Carlton - 22,500 Discover 25,100, Chase Reserve -31,000 Total Rewards 13200, Barclay 10000 Citi Diamond P 8,900
Message 4 of 11
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

@Involver wrote:
Wait until after your 7th statement cuts. If you don't get an auto CLI I would say it's a good time to ask. I would skip the online request though and go straight to their underwriting dept.

So it's 7th statement with them that auto-CLI might happen, not 6th?

EDIT: aaaand I googled your post from october last year: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Barclay-s-Sallie-Mae-Auto-CLI-7th-Statement/td...

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 5 of 11
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Kostya1992 wrote:

@Involver wrote:

So it's 7th statement with them that auto-CLI might happen, not 6th?

EDIT: aaaand I googled your post from october last year: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Barclay-s-Sallie-Mae-Auto-CLI-7th-Statement/td...

Was 7th statement for me, 4400 -> 8400.

        
Message 6 of 11
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

Re: How long to wait to request Barclays Rewards CLI?

My 7th statement cuts on Feb 7th. I'm currently at over 50% of my CL on my SM, would you reccomend I let a big balance post so they see usage?
TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 7 of 11
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

I asked for one at 5 months .. it wasn't huge but the CL at the time was only 1300. But they doubled it. 

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 8 of 11
DrMac210
Regular Contributor

@Kostya1992 wrote:
My 7th statement cuts on Feb 7th. I'm currently at over 50% of my CL on my SM, would you reccomend I let a big balance post so they see usage?

FYI, mine was at 35% in December and they auto CLI'd my Sallie Mae from $10K => $13K

Starting Score: EQ 641, TU ???, EX ??? (myfico 6/7/13)
Current Score: EQ 760, TU 740, EX 750 (myfico July 2015)
Goal Score: 800 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 11
EDGE1230
Contributor

I have had my card for 9 statements now and have never received an increase off the tiny $250 credit line i was granted. I now have  a chase southwest 5k and mariott 5k as well as cap 1 and amex for 3k.  barclays will not budge.  Have tried pay and full and tried carrying a balance...  Good luck with them i cant figure them out .

MY FICO: EQ: 646/ TU 675/ EXP 665.

Cap 1 qs1 ( 3k) - Chase Southwest Premiere( 5k) - Chase Marriott (5k) - -AMEX DELTA (2k) - Barclays Rewards ( 2500) - Credit One ( 1000) - BOA cash rewards ( 1k) - BOA Travel Rewards (1K) Synchrony dicks ( 3500) - HSN ( 1750) Buckle (2550), lowes (6k), NFCU (1900),
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.