cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many apps per year do you fill out?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How many apps per year do you fill out?

Do you have a special system in place to keep track of your debt and payments? I don't think I could be sane doing all that accounting!😄

Message 21 of 30
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you have a special system in place to keep track of your debt and payments? I don't think I could be sane doing all that accounting!😄

Not much really; I use auto payments for every loan I can (unless I'm prepaying it by copious amounts), and checking the credit cards once near the beginning of the month isn't a big deal... and for all but one I have autopay setup if my poop ain't in a group that month or whatever.

If I'm honest leveraging technology around this sorta changed my life, or at least made the financial part of it more defensible.  Not a money issue, dumb stuff in my brain I guess.

        
Message 22 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

So far one app in 2016 and none thus far in 2017. 

Message 23 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did five CC apps and one SCT approval in 2016 because I started rebuilding last May. This year I might app for a mortgage. No CC apps until at least December, unless the mortgage app is put off until 2018 and, if so, no CC apps in 2017.☺

Message 24 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

My apping has seen an upward climb in recent years

2007 - 1

2011 - 1

2014 - 1

2015 - 7

2016 - 11

2017 - None so far, but it will probably end up being 3.

I pretty much got what I need at the moment. I should be solid now on the multi apping. Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

2015 (2); Long before I discovered these boards. They were stupidly done. My credit was crap (filed bk in Oct 15) and they had no chance.

2016 (after Bk in Jan) I did  5:  approved on 4 (Cap 1 twice, NFCU and car loan with PenFed), denied on one (Barclay's)

2017: 2 (PenFed and Discover). 

I am pretty much done for now (except maybe one more card from NF and a LOC, maybe much later this year).

I have ten times more credit than I will likely ever need and I'm very happy with my lenders. Time to garden and grow. 

I love NFCU incredible product, incredible organization. 

Cap One deserves respect, they let me in (twice) when I was a Pariah (within two/three weeks from discharge). Good card, good cash back, good Customer Service, Good Website.

The jury is still out on PenFed and Discover. 

Message 26 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well this last year has been big for me as it is pretty much my first year actually getting decent CC's. Completed my trifecta last night with my Chase FU card! So now it is time to sit in the garden for at least 2 years. Planning on buying a house in the next few years so going to take it easy!

-Sin

Message 27 of 30
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

1 last year none this yr. and 3 in 2015...good luck on your Chase cards...
@elim ---nice charts thanks,will look at adding some to what I use....

Message 28 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

2013 - 1

2014 - 2

2015 - 1

2016 - 4

2017 - Planning on anywhere from 0-3 apps this year

Message 29 of 30
happypill
Valued Contributor

I have about 25 accounts in the last 24 months.  I didn't apply for all the cards (some were SCT), but I did apply for some others that I didn't get.  So, I guess I submitted 10-15 applications per year.

Believe it or not, there's a reason behind this.  As I kicked off my rebuild, I basically had no 1 CC account and a couple of other older loans that were going to age off within 1-2 years.  So, I decided that since I'd have very few accounts in my profile and since there were a lot of cards I wanted for rebuilding, it would be better to get as many as I could all at once, then let them age together.  Now, with around 30 card accounts, any additional account has a negligible effect on AAoA going forward.  Of course, AAoA is low, but it was going to be low anyways, whether i opened 1-2 accounts or 30.

Apps will probably be much more limited in the coming year.  There aren't as many cards out there that I'm still interested in (have many of the ones I want already), so I'll probably be only targeting cards that move the needle for me (large sign-on bonus or rewards that I don't currently have).  The other reason is I'm planning to apply for a mortgage sometime mid-year, so that will be a dead-period for new apps.

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.