cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often does Amex sp your credit profile?

tag
newdaddy113
Regular Contributor

How often does Amex sp your credit profile?

Does anyone know how frequent Amex does an sp on their accounts? I have carried balances in the past few months and have paid them all off and was wondering when I can hit the LUV button. I'm worried them might use an old sp. any feedback will help. Thank you.
Amex Green Card (NPSL) 03/13 - BOA ($7200) 03/13 - WELLS FARGO ($500) 03/13 - DISCOVER IT ($5800) 12/13 Amex delta gold ($18,400) 1/1/14. Amex Gold Business Card (NPSL) 1/2/14. Chase Freedom($7900) 1/9/14 NavyFederal ($25000) 1/16/14 Best Buy ($1000) 8/4/14 Barclays Arrival Plus($12500) 1/29/16 Chase CSP($20000) 1/29/16 Penfed Platinum Rewards ($16000) 1/29/16 NavyFed goRewards ($5000) 1/29/16.
Credit Score EX- 760 EQ- 735 TU- 763 Oldest account 3.2yrs aaoa 2.2 yrs.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How often does Amex sp your credit profile?

It varies based on profile and length of relationship. A new cardholder with a weak profile is going to get pulled more often than a long time cardholder with a strong profile. Spending patterns and number of recent new cards will also impact it.

Message 2 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It varies based on profile and length of relationship. A new cardholder with a weak profile is going to get pulled more often than a long time cardholder with a strong profile. Spending patterns and number of recent new cards will also impact it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

When I first became an Amex card member most times they pulled once a month and in some months even more but over time a lot lessSmiley Wink

YMMV tho

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems they're pulling me once every 2 months.

Message 4 of 11
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It seems they're pulling me once every 2 months.

+1

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 5 of 11
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

SP every 2 months for me.

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

How can you tell when they SP you?
Message 7 of 11
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This^ I checked my previous credit report and it shows inquiries but nothing of soft pulls. In fact, at the time I had 0 inquiries but some soft pulls should show since I had an active Synchrony, Cap1, and Amex card.

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SecretAzure wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This^ I checked my previous credit report and it shows inquiries but nothing of soft pulls. In fact, at the time I had 0 inquiries but some soft pulls should show since I had an active Synchrony, Cap1, and Amex card.

Soft pulls don't show unless you pull a report directly from the CRA.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SecretAzure wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It might depend on where you get your credit reports from. I get mine either from AnnualCreditReport.com for free each year (once per year), or I get them directly from each bureau. Since this thread was discussing Amex soft pulls, I will use my Experian credit report as an example (since they typically pull Experian). If you look at your Experian report, you'll see a section that says "Record of Requests for Your Credit History" and underneath that is says "Inquiries Shared With Others" - these are hard pulls.

If you go down your report to where these hard pull inquiries end, you'll see another section that says "Inquiries Shared Only With You" - these are soft pulls.

This is how to find the soft pulls on your Experian report. TransUnion and Equifax are similar.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.