Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How solid is a BOA pre-selected mailer?

tag
FICOEmpire
Regular Contributor

How solid is a BOA pre-selected mailer?

I have no banking relationship with BOA. Today I received my first ever mailer for a BOA Cash rewards card. It says I'm preselected and lists 14.99% apr after 15 months at 0% w/ $100 bonus and the opt-out notice as well. Been gardening almost a year and my credit has improved dramatically. FICO 8 750+ across the board. I want this card. However, I want it at 12.99% apr, the lowest advertised. I think I can be more choosy now than a year ago. I don't think I'm going to apply now.

How solid is this offer? And do you think I'll get another mailer with the lower apr over the next several months now that I'm on their radar? Thanks.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How solid is a BOA pre-selected mailer?

@FICOEmpire wrote:

I have no banking relationship with BOA. Today I received my first ever mailer for a BOA Cash rewards card. It says I'm preselected and lists 14.99% apr after 15 months at 0% w/ $100 bonus and the opt-out notice as well. Been gardening almost a year and my credit has improved dramatically. FICO 8 750+ across the board. I want this card. However, I want it at 12.99% apr, the lowest advertised. I think I can be more choosy now than a year ago. I don't think I'm going to apply now.

How solid is this offer? And do you think I'll get another mailer with the lower apr over the next several months now that I'm on their radar? Thanks.

It's a solid offer.  Whether you'll get a lower APR offer, only BoA knows that.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved last week with a mailer. Set APR of 18.99😡
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you app yet?

(Note: The above is neither a recommendation nor a solicitation of an application of the credit card being discussed herein. An application should only be made after thoroughly reviewing the material, both benefits and terms of service, provided by the credit card issuing entity. You should read the provided material carefully in order to understand fully all of the implications and risks of the offering of the credit card to which it relates. The achievement of any or all goals is not guaranteed. There is no assurance that the value or benefits of the credit card will be sufficient to justify the application for same. It is just a question.)

Message 4 of 10
FICOEmpire
Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone. I'm going to wait.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

delete

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FICOEmpire wrote:

Why would it matter though? 15 months of no interest... you surely could ask for an APR reduction..... honestly there isnt much difference between 15 and 13..and with the cash back, ya gotta PIF to make it count anyway. why not go for a separate card with low interest, like the ring, or something with a credit union?  I mean...no offense, but I have scores in the 750's and BOA slapped me with 22.9.....

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you app yet?

(Note: The above is neither a recommendation nor a solicitation of an application of the credit card being discussed herein. An application should only be made after thoroughly reviewing the material, both benefits and terms of service, provided by the credit card issuing entity. You should read the provided material carefully in order to understand fully all of the implications and risks of the offering of the credit card to which it relates. The achievement of any or all goals is not guaranteed. There is no assurance that the value or benefits of the credit card will be sufficient to justify the application for same. It is just a question.)

Your disclaimer is one of the best boat loads of waste material I have read in a long time, and a little surprising coming from Captool!  Smiley Very Happy

You are the original 'Ambassador of APPs' .  

You take the words that are on a plaque in the Statue of Liberty that read:

'Give me your tired, your poor,  Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free'

And you add 

'And give them a keyboard and let them submit APPs and find Glee'.

I enjoyed your disclaimer and it gave me a good chuckle.   It reminds me of this sign:

lawyersign.jpg

Thanks for the chuckle!

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you app yet?

Your disclaimer is one of the best boat loads of waste material I have read in a long time, and a little surprising coming from Captool!  Smiley Very Happy

You are the original 'Ambassador of APPs' .  

You take the words that are on a plaque in the Statue of Liberty that read:

'Give me your tired, your poor,  Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free'

And you add 

'And give them a keyboard and let them submit APPs and find Glee'.

I enjoyed your disclaimer and it gave me a good chuckle.   It reminds me of this sign:

lawyersign.jpg

Thanks for the chuckle!

lol i deleted my post about it, but since you went there..... i figured someone encouraged him to add that!

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI OP,i would not bother with BOA, I had a acount with them for 8 years  and I  closed last june,they are not the same lender like was beforeSmiley Sad out there are betters lendersSmiley Happy just sayingSmiley Happy Best of luck

stay blessedSmiley Happy

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.