Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to recon if denied

tag
SpaceInvader
New Contributor

How to recon if denied

how do you recon if denied? I spoke with rep for Fidelity Amex and she said i can reapply. Will that result in another hp or will they use the existing hp?

I know if you get a lower CL then you can call to see if they will bump up but what about denials? how does one go about reconning those?

Gardening since: 4/2015
Starting Score: 666 Current Score: 688(Barclay FICO) Goal Score: 750

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to recon if denied

Hey dude. So for your first question, you would have to speak with a credit analyst to adequately recon (I say this in case you're not sure since you said you spoke with a rep, which is sort of vague). Recon experiences are mixed for Amex from what I've seen on here. As for reapplying, it'll use another HP but most of the time, no pull will go through if you reapply too quickly after being denied. As for being approved and reconning your CL, you just have to talk through it and say that the CL they provided you isn't feasible for your needs. I think your chances of getting your CL reconsidered by Amex might be low, but you can obviously mitigate a low CL within two months with the 61-day 3x CLI. Best of luck.

Message 2 of 3
SpaceInvader
New Contributor

Re: How to recon if denied

I called the # from the backdoor number thread here. It got me in touch with a CSR who said that my app was denied. I asked her to let me speak with a credit analyst and she said she won't connect me to a credit analyst for a denied .... i would have to reapply and then i can call and speak to one.

Yeah i certainly don't want another HP so i'll avoid re-apping.

Gardening since: 4/2015
Starting Score: 666 Current Score: 688(Barclay FICO) Goal Score: 750

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.