Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to start a recon conversation?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to start a recon conversation?

Never recon'd before but have a had a ton of success with customer service reps by being ultra polite but firm, if not dissatisfied.  Also I typically hang up unless I get someone pleasant sounding. 

Message 11 of 32
stellar
Established Contributor

I don't know about making chit chat.  I'm the kind of  person who keeps it short and sweet and gets to the point immediately.  I think people appreciate that.  This is what I say: Hi, I recently applied for a credit card and was denied.  I was wondering if it was possible to have it reconsidered?  And they say ok, let me check.  I always speak with kindness and respect and try to speak clearly and calmly.  If they say no, I say ok, thank you.  hey usually will tell you what you need to work on to be approved in the future.  That's it, just be nice.

Message 12 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone chime in about successful Barclaycard recons? I'm calling in tomorrow morning for mine. Who thinks that this thread should be a sticky, right underneath backdoor numbers? Smiley Very Happy
Message 13 of 32
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Can anyone chime in about successful Barclaycard recons? I'm calling in tomorrow morning for mine. Who thinks that this thread should be a sticky, right underneath backdoor numbers? Smiley Very Happy

Barclay's is probably the easiest lender to recon with..  They are willing to hear you out and let you explain any baddies on your report you might have and more times then not they will give you something vs. nothing..  They do want a credit history of at least a year... Wish you luck, they are decent to work with for sure!

Message 14 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks
Message 15 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would love for someone to give some pointers on reconning with Capital One. They seem to be stubborn.

Message 16 of 32
PinkPanther3719
Contributor

I had to recon with Barclays. I just asked for more inforrmation into my denial. Then I began to explain any reasons that were given. They overturned it no problem.

I haven't had to recon with Capital One, but I would say to just speak with them nicely and if they can't help you, call the EO. 

Current Information (05/2016)
Scores: EX: 633, EQ: 619, and TU: 727
Current Utilization: ?%

Goal: All above 750 and no more than 3% utilization
Gardening until 12/31/16 (Hopefully)
Message 17 of 32
bostonte
Frequent Contributor

"Hi, could you take a look at my application for me?"

If they say its declined and don't automatically go right into let me see if I can change that for you (In my experience the Barclay reps go right into trying to review for approval, Chase just reads out the decline status):

"Oh, I understand. Can you take a look and see if a manual review could change that? I believe I have a strong profile and would be a good candidate for the card."

From there it depends on your particular profile and decline reasons. But in my experience a simple direct request to re-review at least gets the application open and someone looking at it.
Message 18 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bostonte wrote:
"Hi, could you take a look at my application for me?"

If they say its declined and don't automatically go right into let me see if I can change that for you (In my experience the Barclay reps go right into trying to review for approval, Chase just reads out the decline status):

"Oh, I understand. Can you take a look and see if a manual review could change that? I believe I have a strong profile and would be a good candidate for the card."

From there it depends on your particular profile and decline reasons. But in my experience a simple direct request to re-review at least gets the application open and someone looking at it.

Thanks!!

Message 19 of 32
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

" yuh I just submitted my application and I ain't get no instant approval , so I'm calling to see what's up " 

Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.