Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge Approval from Navy Federal!

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Huge Approval from Navy Federal!

Congrats! I wish I could get in with NFCU. I actually saw two or three flyers with a 0% fixed for 12 months and no bt fee when I was putting out the mail at work yesterday haha.

Now, what is your next Credit Limit goal?

$20,000....
$25,000??

You should consider that :-) lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 21 of 27
onitapgr

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Congrats! I wish I could get in with NFCU. I actually saw two or three flyers with a 0% fixed for 12 months and no bt fee when I was putting out the mail at work yesterday haha.

Now, what is your next Credit Limit goal?

$20,000....
$25,000??

You should consider that :-) lol

I suppose the sky is the limit...What card would you recommend applying for next?

10/15/2012 - 664
12/15/2012 - 684
01/24/2013 - 741
Message 22 of 27
PresidentPatton
Contributor

Wow onitapgr,

This is awesome! Unfortunately I am not at a score close to yours but I do need additional credit as all I currently have is a $200 Cap1 Secured Card. My brother is actively in the Navy and I am thinking about applying with NFCU, my question is do I need to have some sort of NFCU Checking/Saving account before applying and what card do I apply for? Is it the "N Rewards Secured" Card that you had such success for? I appreciate any and all help!

PresP
2/6/15: Credit Karma: 626
4/23/13: TU 615, EX 600, EQ 581
1/16/13: TU 585, EX 525, EQ 514
Goal: Purchase Second Home ASAP

Cards: Cap1 Secured - $300; Authorized User on Chase Card: $5500.
Message 23 of 27
onitapgr

@PresidentPatton wrote:

Wow onitapgr,

This is awesome! Unfortunately I am not at a score close to yours but I do need additional credit as all I currently have is a $200 Cap1 Secured Card. My brother is actively in the Navy and I am thinking about applying with NFCU, my question is do I need to have some sort of NFCU Checking/Saving account before applying and what card do I apply for? Is it the "N Rewards Secured" Card that you had such success for? I appreciate any and all help!

I'm not sure if you need a checking/savings first.  I did have those first for about a month, but I never used them and it only had my initial $25 deposit.

I'm also not sure about the secured cards.  I applied for the unsecured "regular" CashRewards Visa.

10/15/2012 - 664
12/15/2012 - 684
01/24/2013 - 741
Message 24 of 27
Rambler88

That is awesome. I've been with Navy Fed since 2009 and love everything about them and How they take care of you. Just got my cash rewards card alil over a month ago with $7500 limit. I applied via Internet as I'm currently in afghan .

congrats to you

Message 25 of 27
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

You do have to have a checking or savings first, think you have to put $5 or $25 in.  Many times you can either apply instantly or might see pre-approval a couple days after your membership is completely set up.  You just need the access number from your brother I believe to qualify yourself.

You can apply for any of the credit cards, outside of the Signature one that requires a $5k min. credit line all the other ones have the same approval if you are concerned about not getting the $5k would be the only reason I wouldn't apply for that one.

Also the auto loan might be very worth it especcially if it would make you own the car on your own for the insurance purposes... I think best rate for used car is 2.99 - maybe lower if you shorten up the term... you can pretty much find all that out instantly online or over phone when applying.

Personal loan at 4.99 - can't beat that rate unless you could use the 0% credit card when it was available.

Message 26 of 27
babyeyes00
Regular Contributor

SOOOO AWESOME!  CONGRATS Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 555
Current Score: 685
Goal Score: 825

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.