lvallejox
Contributor

Re: I am on a mission!

Too many store cards ;*(

Message 21 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think more Synchrony cards than ever i have seen for one person.

Think you have very low limits on major credit like chase freedom, barclays and thats something you need to concentrate on increasing very quickly.

It will be very good for OP to have increases in the $5k range for freedom barclays.

Just my 02 cents

Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're right. Living and learning.  I will see about an increase on Barclay next year when my inquiries are down.  Freedom I applied recently...we'll see what happens.

Message 23 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

while you already have all these inquiries and are very new to credit, you may want to think of INSTALLMENTS LOANS, secure card with US Bank & an Auto/Mortgage loan to enrich your profile. 

Dont forget to sign up for Discover it Double thing; a CLI in the 5k would be excellent with Discover.

Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

What double thing? I'm sorry, not familiar.
Message 25 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

call discover customer service and ask to sign up? let them tell you what it all is? 

see for yourself if it is beneficial for you?

ask expiration date of double based on your credit card issuance date

it will be worth your time to find out.

Message 26 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a student loan and an auto loan as well

Message 27 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

so get some furniture or deposit $500 to $1000 with a credit Union/Bank and ask for a loan against your $500/$1000. Ask first if they report to CRA's and you will now have an installment loan. Yes i know Auto Loan is Installment but having more than one installment and payment history on it is building awesome credit. The usual installment should matter significantly if its paid on time for atleast 24 months. I have had $2000 installment loan which was paidoff in 90 days and $560 loan which i paid over 24 months. 

Banks/Credit Unions use ChexSystems except Chase/Bank of America/WellsFargo which also uses Chexsystems but have other than chexsystems used to approve checking/banking/loan account openings/approvals.

If you dont apply anymore for any other cards and let all inquiries expire in two years you will have an awesome profile. Only request CLI's over the two years. 

You should do signifcantly better than most here in 2 years.

Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aww thank you for the advice! I didn't find this board until recently but I started rebuilding my credit in 2013 on my own after paying off all the old debts. The only thing I would have done differently would have been to open a secured card while I was paying old debt off because I think I would be a little further ahead. However, it may not of...I have those old accounts still hanging around until next year so maybe I'd be in the same boat. However, Jan 2013- I fell to a 505 and decided it was time to get some type of credit because I had no open credit at the time. All accounts were closed and paid in full as time went on. True story--I worked 6 months straight and gave every dollar to my prior debt..just took money for gas to get to and from work. It was dedication at its best.
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.