cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I called Recon for the CSP, need advice!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called Recon for the CSP, need advice!

Hello myFico Fam!

I recently applied for the Chase Sapphire Preferred and received the "30 day message." I called 2 recon reps and they firmly stated that I had:

1) High balance compared to credit limits (Main Reason)

2) Nearing Credit limits (idk why, but I feel it's the same as the 1st one lol)

Situaion at time: I had a Discover it paid off in full ($0/2000), a Chase Disney Premier ($1100/$2000), and a Citi BestBuy ($470/500).

a few days later...

New Situation: Discover Auto CLI to $3000 and I initiated a balance transfer so now...($1600/$3000), Chase ($0/2000), and Citi Bestbuy ($0/500)

Question: Under these circumstances, what are my possible approval odds for this card? I passed the $5000 total credit limit line and I believe chase starts issuing at $5000 minimum for the CSP. I'm thinking it will look better considering now there is a 50ish% utilization on one card and 2 cards at 0 balance. During this timeframce I have also been approved for 2 AMEX cards (Plat Delt and Plat Charge), but they have not been reported to my experian report (only the inquiries). CSR claimed I had 30 days from time of application to keep fighting, but again, main reason was because of the utilization. Any feedback is appreciated!

P.S. Data Points...

FICO Score: EQ: 682 TU: 676 EX: 667

Student Income: 40k

AAoA: 1.10

Inq: EQ: 2 TU: 4: EX: 5

Derogs/ CO: 0

No Late Payments

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I called Recon for the CSP, need advice!

Someone with more expertise may have better info, but until you get updated credit files with the new balances Chase can't see anything different on their end. You can dispute the items with the bureaus but that can take a while or be done in a matter of days. Not clear. Once the new balances are reporting correctly you could think about asking Recon to do it again, but they very well may have to do another HP in order to get the new balance info. That may or may not be worth it for you if they deny you again. 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sdstealth 

When I had called the Recon line and the CSR helped me, they have told me that they can take a second look at the report. As far as I've seen, i've done this twice and there was not a single inquiry that was pulled from experian. I believe they go based off the same application you applied and the report they see actually updates real time. I could be wrong, but as far as I've seen...no hard pull.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous 

When I had called the Recon line and the CSR helped me, they have told me that they can take a second look at the report. As far as I've seen, i've done this twice and there was not a single inquiry that was pulled from experian. I believe they go based off the same application you applied and the report they see actually updates real time. I could be wrong, but as far as I've seen...no hard pull.

Be sure to keep us posted. Your scores are close to mine and I just applied for the Freedom on Friday night. If you get approved and my Freedom does as well, I may roll the dice and apply for the CSP. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.