Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I denied a CC

tag
netsfan549
Regular Contributor

I denied a CC

I got a preapproved application for Discover IT.. They offered me 750 credit limit but I declined it. Can I tell them I changed my mind? lol.. Also, when you apply for CC is it a hard or soft pull?

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
uswala
Senior Contributor

Re: I denied a CC

I would never waste a HP. I got my Discover It with $750 CL and in 91 days I asked for CLI and boom to $4000. Another, HP though.

Message 2 of 25
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Why did you decline? How did you decline? If though pre qualified link try again it may still be there. I think discover is a HP for new cards and usually for CLI
If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 3 of 25
ExplicitElicit
Established Contributor

Always a HP, like other stated don't waste the HP. Take the $750 and let it grow over time! 

Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TheGardner wrote:
Why did you decline? How did you decline? If though pre qualified link try again it may still be there. I think discover is a HP for new cards and usually for CLI

If you're not approved for their best offer (best rates, 0% interest for 18 months), they'll throw up another screen with modified terms (eg, 22.9% and 0% for only 6 months) where you'll have to explicitly accept or deny their modified offer.

To answer OP's question, have no clue whether you can change your mind on this if you've already declined the offer. Common sense would say yes, so the correct answer is probably no. Smiley Happy You have absolutely nothing to lose by calling them though and asking.

Message 5 of 25
uswala
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You have absolutely nothing to lose by calling them though and asking.

+100

Message 6 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

750 credit limit is miniscule but if you completed the application it is a hard pull. When you get the card tell them you do not want it and cancel it. Simply not activating it will not render the card inoperable.
Message 7 of 25
elim
Senior Contributor

5% cat card... that's a keeper.  i have been denied twice for discover-it in the past. call them and let them know you accidentally clicked the wrong button or whatever (oops) and get your card.  i think its 5% department stores and online shopping this quarter.  i would eat that spend up fast.

Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@TheGardner wrote:

If you're not approved for their best offer (best rates, 0% interest for 18 months), they'll throw up another screen with modified terms (eg, 22.9% and 0% for only 6 months) where you'll have to explicitly accept or deny their modified offer.

To answer OP's question, have no clue whether you can change your mind on this if you've already declined the offer. Common sense would say yes, so the correct answer is probably no. Smiley Happy You have absolutely nothing to lose by calling them though and asking.

I got this offer with a 637 EQ FICO.

Message 9 of 25
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

@netsfan549 wrote:

I got a preapproved application for Discover IT.. They offered me 750 credit limit but I declined it. Can I tell them I changed my mind? lol.. Also, when you apply for CC is it a hard or soft pull?

I certainly hope they re-extend the offer. That was a step in the door! Good luck!

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.