Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got my TU rating to 700 what stores pull TU fro in store credit? *HELP*

tag
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Re: I got my TU rating to 700 what stores pull TU fro in store credit? *HELP*

@Anonymous wrote:
Precision- OP said they wanted a store card...also no you're completely wrong I have seen people get a 3k limit using the SCT with Overstock and a couple others.

Sure there are a few outliers when it comes to SCT CL's but more often than not they are toy limits. OP wants a card that pulls TU and SCT cards from Comenity usually pull EQ so the SCT is a non issue here anyhow. 

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creditguy - From CReditPulls Database

"Search Results
Creditor CRA Approved Score Limit City State Zip Date Comments
Overstock TransUnion yes 685 $3,000 Charlotte NC N/A 2016-12-20 Instant approval

Comenity Overstock.com TransUnion yes 671 $5,500 Beebe AR 72012 2016-09-16 Shopping card Trick - soft pull.- 0inq , Myfico-678ex,674eq,671TU. Only pulled TU. 120k annual, 19 open accounts"

Just saying overstock does sometimes pull TU with SCT and over 3k limits are given with sub 700 scores.
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

He said there were "few outliners when it comes to SCT CLs but more often than not they are toy limits"....

Overstock would be the fee outliners.

What's with people today being so..... idk.... snappy (for a word that won't get bleeped out)

I think we can all agree Store cards for the most part, in general, more often than not, most of the time, the majority, etc, etc, etc, ..... are toy limit cards, at least to start out with. Even decent FICO scores may get $800 or $1000 like Amazon or Gap... but those people would also get $2000 or $3000 on Barclays or Marvel or Ebates... etc.

Now... if OP uses a store that has a good rewards program, where there is a benefit to them... then yes, apply. I'm not digging on store cards. They aren't for me, but I don't shop at one store enough to make it worth while versus using a card that gets me 3% or 2% on like my Ebates for Stores I use or Blue Cash for Department Stores, etc...

We all need to try to use nicer language on here. It's easy for email and text and posts to get misunderstood because you can't hear emotion in reading words. We are all on the same team. We can disagree but let's not snap back at each other.

Sorry if I am the one who misinterpreted the last post with the "just saying" comment. This was my 3rd post in a row where I thought people were being kind of rude.
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dj- Not sure what you got from my reply to creditguy but I wasn't being rude at all the OP posted asking about store cards, if Overstock is an outlier then applying with them using the SCT will save them some points when applying versus doing a HP.

For the most part yes store cards do tend to be on the lower end, but they usually do tend to have their benefits which outweigh the initial low SL. For example my credit scores were about 650 and I app'd for Walmart in November got a $900 limit in February my scores were 670's I requested a CLI and was granted a new CL of 6k after only 3 months.

I'm not trying to be rude and things may read differently via text so give people the benefit of the doubt unless they start writing in all caps with a bunch of bleeps I give people the benefit of the doubt.
Message 14 of 18
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Sticking to the OP's thread topic and without judging as to if the timing is right or not, if I wanted to get a store card that pulled TU I would stick with Synchrony.

Just like Comenity has some outliers that pull TU, Synchrony also has some outliers that pull EX... but generally speaking most of the popular Synchrony cards do pull TU, at least most of the time.

This link has a list of all Synchrony cards:  http://www.doctorofcredit.com/synchrony-bank-credit-cards-list-best-cards-easiest-cards-get-approved...

I do agree, though, that I would only get a card that was for a store I shopped at often... it's not much use to get a card that ends up closed by issuer later on due to non-use.

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the input guys. I'm looking for a cc with best buy, hh gregg, wal mart, macys, dillards, & sears. Are are of those exclusive tu pullers?
Message 16 of 18
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the input guys. I'm looking for a cc with best buy, hh gregg, wal mart, macys, dillards, & sears. Are are of those exclusive tu pullers?

On your list I have WalMart and Macy's. WalMart is Synchrony Bank and yes, to open the card and to get CLIs, they pull TU. The opening will be a HP and any CLI requests will be SP. 

For me, in the midwest, Macy's pulled EQ.

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 17 of 18
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Best Buy was EX (possibly EQ but definitely not TU) for hubby in TX
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.