cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a BofA Visa Rewards card, and have a question...

tag
mbla
New Contributor

Re: I have a BofA Visa Rewards card, and have a question...

Follow BofA Help:

https://twitter.com/bofa_help

Send them a direct message with the general nature of your  request.  They should them contact you for identity verfication and help relsove the issue,

Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have received 2 telephone calls.  One of which was last night.  BofA told me that they could not waive the fees.

My better half told me to just pay the fee this last time, and keep it for 2016 calendar year.  Before it's time for the admin fee again in December 2016, she told me to close out the card.

Also, BofA told me that I could apply for another card.  The problem being though is that I've had 6 hard pulls this past calendar year.  And of which, 3 were from the Nissan dealership that I purchased my vehicles earlier this year.  Another one was for Discover- of which I was approved.  Another one was for opening an account at a credit union, and the last one (which was the first one), was with Chase and I was denied credit earlier this year back in January I believe.

And the crazy thing is that 6 were on Equifax, 0 were on TU, and 2 were on Experian (which shared with Equifax with the 6 previously mentioned).

Majoryily bummed about this.  *Dang* Smiley Sad

So that's why I want no more hard pulls for a while- if it can be avoided.

On a side note, I am over 800 at the moment on all 3 reporting agencies reports.  This has exceeded my goal that I set for myself just a few short months ago.

Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long have you had your BofA card?  I was able to get my annual fee removed through a phone call, but at that point I'd had the card over 10 years.  As for getting a CLI without a hard pull, that might be more problematic, as I've never known BofA not to do a HP for a CLI. 

Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

How long have you had your BofA card?  I was able to get my annual fee removed through a phone call, but at that point I'd had the card over 10 years.  As for getting a CLI without a hard pull, that might be more problematic, as I've never known BofA not to do a HP for a CLI. 

Hi abc321,

I've had the BofA card for 1 year now, and although I understand the CLI would probably require a hard pull- I was hoping it would not.  I've learned that with such a low credit limit, it only serves me the purpose of helping to improve my credit.  I never used it until just a little bit ago everything I had been paying with cash or with debit (same as cash).

I did tell the rep though that my better half and I would be closing out our accounts.  She has 2 cards with limits over 10K on each.  She doesn't use those often though.  Then another card with them she has 0% and the time runs out this coming April.  She'll roll that out to another company's 0% card.  The rep was suprised by me telling her that.  I did tell her that now my credit is TONS better as I stated in my letter to the CEO, and was hoping that BofA would work a little more with me.

Suprisingly though the rep stated that BofA would hate to see you go because you've been a customer of ours for 9 years (banking).  I said I appreciate that, but financially we need to move on.

I did tell the rep that other's have reported both on social networking, as well as the community here that they've had some success with over riding the annual fee, but no such love for me.  So, April, we both will be moving on to greener pastures.  She thanked me for my time, and we hung up.

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.