Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have the itch to app!

tag
jzamarripa3220
New Contributor

I have the itch to app!

Hi myfico community,

I went on an app spree in July and I was granted all that I wanted. A month later I racked up a couple of furniture store cards and one jewelery store card. Then a denial for a Sallie Mae card that probably should have been the only card that I should have applied for, which would have given me cash back on textbooks. So now I'm eyeing the citi double cash and possibly a couple more. So here's my question. Since the zales card that I was approved for is backed by citi bank and I received a decent cl on it, does that make it very likely that I will get approved for the citi double cash?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: I have the itch to app!

It depends on how many of those inquiries were made on your EX report and if they were made in the last six months. It would help if you posted some more specific stats up. Slow down on the store cards as well.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 2 of 8
jzamarripa3220
New Contributor

The store cards were definitely a mistake. I could have just charged my purchases to my other cards. I still would have had zero percent financing. So I have 11 inquiries total 4 of which are on Ex that are about 4-5 months old. And utilization is at 6%. AAoA at almost 6 months with my oldest card being at 16 months.
Message 3 of 8
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Freeze all reports, that will help with the itch

Message 4 of 8
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@jzamarripa3220 wrote:
The store cards were definitely a mistake. I could have just charged my purchases to my other cards. I still would have had zero percent financing. So I have 11 inquiries total 4 of which are on Ex that are about 4-5 months old. And utilization is at 6%. AAoA at almost 6 months with my oldest card being at 16 months.

The maxmimum recent inquiries you can have before applying for Citi cards in general is six in the last six months and it's wise to wait 8 days after your last Citi app before going for another Citi card. I've read Flyertalk on this stuff before.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chalupaman wrote:

@jzamarripa3220 wrote:

The maxmimum recent inquiries you can have before applying for Citi cards in general is six in the last six months and it's wise to wait 8 days after your last Citi app before going for another Citi card. I've read Flyertalk on this stuff before.

*Sprays OP with Benadryl* Give it a couple more months to try for the double cash and 8 months for the SM. Cool your jets with the store cards. 

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@jzamarripa3220 wrote:

*Sprays OP with Benadryl* Give it a couple more months to try for the double cash and 8 months for the SM. Cool your jets with the store cards. 

LOL.. I love this board.  Makes me giggle Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

@sccredit wrote:

Freeze all reports, that will help with the itch

+1

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.