cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I heard Cap 1's Prequal message changed?

tag
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

I heard Cap 1's Prequal message changed?

Per the title, I heard it changed somewhat recently I guess?

I tried a quick prequal today with them & got "Congratulations! We think you'll like this pre-qualified card offer." for the QS with a 0% APR until July 2016 & 17.9% afterwards(not worried about APR since I try to not carry balances whenever possible). It also said "We also suggest" with the Venture Rewards card with 17.9% APR & $59 yearly fee after the 1st year..

I dont remember what the fake prequal message says, so is that a legit prequal on the QS & not sure if the Venture Rewards is legit either?

I currently have the QS1 @ $1300 & Plat MC @ $2k, as well as the NFCU Visa Sig @ $6500 & Navcheck @ $15k, so I wouldn't mind getting a "prime" card with Cap1 if either of those are legit.

Message 1 of 63
62 REPLIES 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I heard Cap 1's Prequal message changed?

@Rebuilding69 wrote:

Per the title, I heard it changed somewhat recently I guess?

I tried a quick prequal today with them & got "Congratulations! We think you'll like this pre-qualified card offer." for the QS with a 0% APR until July 2016 & 17.9% afterwards(not worried about APR since I try to not carry balances whenever possible). It also said "We also suggest" with the Venture Rewards card with 17.9% APR & $59 yearly fee after the 1st year..

I dont remember what the fake prequal message says, so is that a legit prequal on the QS & not sure if the Venture Rewards is legit either?

@I currently have the QS1 @ $1300 & Plat MC @ $2k, as well as the NFCU Visa Sig @ $6500 & Navcheck @ $15k, so I wouldn't mind getting a "prime" card with Cap1 if either of those are legit.

That sounds right.  If you get the Congratulations message and specific APR, it's pretty solid.

I just checked mine and it said something along the lines of we couldn't find any offers for you but you might like............

Message 2 of 63
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

ah ok thanks, yeah now I remember!

Message 3 of 63
ddemari
Super Contributor

That's legit
Message 4 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

The visual presentation did change recently.

Message 5 of 63
JamP
Valued Contributor

Re:This is what a NO Prequal Looks like

I never prequal for Capital One for some reason.

Here is what a NO PREQUAL LOOKS LIKE Smiley Happy

We couldn't match your records to a card offer. But based on your answers, we think you might like this card.
Apply now for the VentureOne Rewards Card
Primary Benefit
Earn unlimited 1.25 miles per dollar on every purchase. Plus, earn 20,000 bonus miles once you spend $1,000 on purchases within the first 3 months.
Purchase APR
0% intro APR until October 2016; 11.9% to 21.9% variable APR after that
Transfer Information
11.9% to 21.9% variable APR; No Transfer Fee
Annual Fee
$0
We also suggest:
Apply now for the Quicksilver Rewards Card
Primary Benefit
Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, plus a one-time $100 bonus once you spend $500 on purchases within the first 3 months.
Purchase APR
0% intro APR until July 2016; 12.9% to 22.9% variable APR after that
Transfer Information
0% intro APR until July 2016; 12.9% to 22.9% variable APR after that; 3% fee on the amount transferred until July 2016
Annual Fee
$0

For card offers that feature a cash or miles rewards bonus, the bonus may not be available for existing or previous accountholders.

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 6 of 63
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

Re: Re:This is what a NO Prequal Looks like

So the We also suggest Venture Rewards is legit as well? It showed the same 17.9% apr. And is the AF Venture Rewards a prime card, or is it the Venture One I want to get? I think I'll go for the QS in a couple of months after I whittle my util down a little.

Thanks for the info guys & gals!

Message 7 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

So the We also suggest Venture Rewards is legit as well?

Yes.

Message 8 of 63
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

If you apply for QS and are approved, you can try for a twofer, apply for Venture within 24 hrs, and it may only be 3 HPs instead of 6.

Message 9 of 63
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

I did the pre-qual site last week and showed the offers for 4 cards, went with QS and approved for 3k then immediately apped for the Venture and approved for 10k SL, MyFico reported 3 HP's and not 6 for these cards EQ is 641 TU 614 EX 591, cards just arrived yesterday.

Message 10 of 63
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.