Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I love Walmart/GE!!

tag
LesWH
Established Contributor

Re: I love Walmart/GE!!

@dude11 wrote:

BS!!! No "luv" for me. I haven't used the card at all though and have had it for I think 3 months? I have the regular by the way. I tried for an early increase last month and the denial was for not having the account opened long enough. I assume that the letter in the mail will say the same thing. Oh well. YMMV.

I guess YMMV really applies in some cases.  I have no explanation why after having my account for 2 months I've gotten substantial increases.  Maybe the closer to Christmas we are the more likely to get the increase?  I asked for the first increase Nov. 9th and the second today.  If you really want it, try again.  The good part is that it is a soft pull.

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 31 of 127
LesWH
Established Contributor

@compassion101 wrote:

I was inspired and called. Previous limit 700, asked for 3k and was approved Smiley Happy

Have had the card for about 4 months and charge about 50-250 each month on it and PIF. Scores low 700s, highest other limit is 5k on 3 different cards. Util 40%ish (all because of 0% APR)

Congrats!!!

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

Message 32 of 127
teddybearkelli1
Contributor

Well, after seeing everyones success, I called the backdoor number and asked for an increase as well. I was just auto-increased to 5k back in August (which was a double line increase at that time). I asked for 7500 and got it. Definitely easy!

FICO scores: 790 (EQ) 786 (EX) 796 (TU) |
My Wallet:NFCU CR Visa 24k, AMEX Delta Gd 18k, Walmart Discvr 12k, USAA Plat RA MC 13k, BECU Visa 13k, NFCU NR MC 10k, Sams Discvr 10k, Sportsmans Visa 11.5k, WF Plat Visa 10k, Paypal Extra MC 10k, BofA Fraternity MC 14k, Sams Credit 10k, USAA World MC 9k, Military Star 8.2k |BOA CR 8k |AMEX Evrdy 8k |Lowes 7.3k | Chase Military Star MC 16k, JCPenneys MC 7k, Discover IT 5k , Gymboree Visa 4.5k, Sears MC 4k, TJX MC 3.5k, ToysRUS MC 5k, Chase Amazon Visa 3k, Home Depot 3k, Citibank Simplicity 6.5k, Fred Meyers Visa 2.5k, Target 2k, Kohls 2k, ITunes Visa 5k, Macys 2k, Vystar CU Visa 5k
Message 33 of 127
LesWH
Established Contributor

@teddybearkelli1 wrote:

Well, after seeing everyones success, I called the backdoor number and asked for an increase as well. I was just auto-increased to 5k back in August (which was a double line increase at that time). I asked for 7500 and got it. Definitely easy!

Congrats to you!!

Message 34 of 127
adavis425
Established Contributor

'Tis definitely the season!!!!!!!! OMG!!! I took OP's advice and called GE for a CLI. I got my WMDiscover card mid-September with an $800 cl. Smiley Indifferent So I called today after reading this thread and requested a CLI. She had two questions-How much? and Why? I asked for what I wanted and I told her about the 0% finance deal. She told me it would be a soft pull and put me on hold for about 5 minutes. She came back and said congratulations Ms. -----. Your request for a CLI is approved and your new limit is $8,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  TEN times my old limit!!!! Smiley Very Happy I figured WTH and I went for what I wanted thinking if it was too much she would counter offer. But nope, got just what I asked for. Merry Christmas to me!! Smiley Tongue

Edited to add: I just received my first statement this month with payment due on the 18th. So I have not made even a single payment to them as of yet. I just checked my account and sure enough the increase is there and ready for use.

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 35 of 127
Bcunniff9
Regular Contributor

Just called the number and asked for a $7000 limit, approved. What what!!!!

BK7 Filed | 3/25/2016 | EQ: 530 | EX: 526 | TU: 505
BK7 Discharged | 7/11/2016 | EQ: 535 | EX: 574 | TU: 506
Current FICO 8’s 10/28/2017 | EQ: 680 | EX: 680 | TU: 665
Message 36 of 127
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

Congrats to all of you all who recieved cli i know walmart have calls coming in left and right LOL

Message 37 of 127
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

@wallyworld123 wrote:

Congrats to all of you all who recieved cli i know walmart have calls coming in left and right LOL

YES, they do!  I was encouraged and decided to call as well.  Logged in and saw I had an automated increase recently, but decided to call anyway. Viola!  Approved for 9K.  Thanks for the heads up and much congras to the OPSmiley Wink

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 38 of 127
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Wow.. Congrats to everyone getting increases!

I just applied and got approved monday for the card. It was a pre-approval while I was logged on to walmart.com. I got approved for $700, but a HP has not shown up yet. I will probably wait until I get the card and ask for a CLI early next month. If I got away with an approval without a HP, I don't want to change that.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 39 of 127
LesWH
Established Contributor

@adavis425 wrote:

'Tis definitely the season!!!!!!!! OMG!!! I took OP's advice and called GE for a CLI. I got my WMDiscover card mid-September with an $800 cl. Smiley Indifferent So I called today after reading this thread and requested a CLI. She had two questions-How much? and Why? I asked for what I wanted and I told her about the 0% finance deal. She told me it would be a soft pull and put me on hold for about 5 minutes. She came back and said congratulations Ms. -----. Your request for a CLI is approved and your new limit is $8,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  TEN times my old limit!!!! Smiley Very Happy I figured WTH and I went for what I wanted thinking if it was too much she would counter offer. But nope, got just what I asked for. Merry Christmas to me!! Smiley Tongue

Edited to add: I just received my first statement this month with payment due on the 18th. So I have not made even a single payment to them as of yet. I just checked my account and sure enough the increase is there and ready for use.

Way to go!!!  I'm so happy for you!!!

Message 40 of 127
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.