Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I love Walmart/GE!!

tag
LesWH
Established Contributor

Re: I love Walmart/GE!!

@Camilion wrote:

Smiley LOL amazing!!! Took your advice!!! Scared as heck.   Heart pounding.   One month into the Walmart discover.     One purchase.     First payment made.   Starting limit was 1000.    After a 2 minute call.    Was just increased to my asking limit of 5000!!! Effective immediately!!!!! Whoooooo!! Wow.   Unbelievable!!

Congratulations!!!

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 91 of 127
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

@Camilion wrote:

Smiley Happy laughs.   I was making that sound the whole time

Do. You had any others credit card with 5000 limit ????

what did you tell them for that high limit thou ?????

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 92 of 127
Camilion
Regular Contributor

I do,   I have several lines over 7500. 

Ride the wind for it will carry you...
Follow the stars for they will guide you..
Believe in your dreams..
For they are your hearts desires...
Message 93 of 127
Camilion
Regular Contributor

I just called and asked for them to raise my limit please, the lady asked me how much I wanted, my income and put me on hold for like one min and came back with the approval 

Believe in your dreams..
Message 94 of 127
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Im so jelous of all the increases everyone is getting with their Walmart/GE card....Smiley Happy I recently got approved for one back in August. The third statement cut for me today but really afraid to call for a CLI and get denied...paid the balance about a week ago but then had to use it 3 days ago so now it shows a balance on my CR...oh well, i made an online payment for the new balance today. Should i wait till it updates on my account to call them for a CLI? or are my chances still good to get one with a balance reporting? I tried to get a CLI with my Chevron/Texaco card after having for 6 months and got denied...Im afraid the same will happen with my Walmart card.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 95 of 127
Camilion
Regular Contributor

I was scared too.  But just did it, heart pounding, I also had a balance, only having the account one month! It was very painless!! Soooo I just got brave again and called on my chevron card!!! They doubled my credit limit from 2500 to 5000 instantly!! Same process exactly!!!! Actually sounded like the same lady!!! Wow just got my 3500 credit limit on the two cards raised to 10000 with only soft pull and 5 mins of my day

Believe in your dreams..
Message 96 of 127
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@Camilion wrote:

I was scared too.  But just did it, heart pounding, I also had a balance, only having the account one month! It was very painless!! Soooo I just got brave again and called on my chevron card!!! They doubled my credit limit from 2500 to 5000 instantly!! Same process exactly!!!! Actually sounded like the same lady!!! Wow just got my 3500 credit limit on the two cards raised to 10000 with only soft pull and 5 mins of my day

Thats awesome and congrats!!! My highest credit card limit that i have on my CR is 3000(secured CC) and 1500 Discover More card. My higest limit from a store card is Macys (1000 revolving 1300 club account). Wonder if they can at least match my Macys card limit...that would be aweome! Im not even going to bother asking for anything over 2000 cuz im sure it will be a denial...Cat Very Happy

Message 97 of 127
Camilion
Regular Contributor

Go for it!!!!  nothing lost if you don't get it!!!

Believe in your dreams..
Message 98 of 127
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

I think i am going to...hehe...maybe because of the holidays around the corner they are being more lenient and generous! Will come back with an update later today cuz dont have the card with me at the moment.

Message 99 of 127
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

@Camilion wrote:

10k each card or  combined total?

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 100 of 127
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.