Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm beginning to think Barclays is warming to me

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm beginning to think Barclays is warming to me

I applied for Rewards mastercard over the last week.  Still denied but this time it was for too many applications, and they didn't pull credit.  So I got that going for me, which is nice. Wonder if reconning would help. 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm beginning to think Barclays is warming to me

Reconning didn't help, but it does sound promising once I get my utilization down. 

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have that card, it's great for utitlies. But getting CLI takes tkme, hadd pull, and small CLI
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's pretty much what I'm hoping to use it for.  Put my cell phone bill and a few others on there.  I've heard good and bad about how the CLIs are.  I've heard some who have CLIs every 3-6 months, and others who can't get arrested. 

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

That's pretty much what I'm hoping to use it for.  Put my cell phone bill and a few others on there.  I've heard good and bad about how the CLIs are.  I've heard some who have CLIs every 3-6 months, and others who can't get arrested. 

arrested? Smiley Surprised

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

arrested? Smiley Surprised

Diplomatic Immunity..

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

They're AOK in my book (for now) Smiley Wink They gave me 2k on their Apple Rewards card and only pulled my TU once when my Sallie Mae app got declined on the same day...

Oz

Message 7 of 11
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

I have no real problems with Barclays had one CLI in over 18 mos other than CL transfer from their LL Bean Card.  They seem to worry more about what you have with other banks which in my opinion is none of their business as long as there is no negative information.   Last time I asked for CLI they told me "you have enough credit"

Message 8 of 11
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I have that card, it's great for utitlies. But getting CLI takes tkme, hadd pull, and small CLI

Check out this thread. 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/The-BarclayCard-CLI-Soft-Pull-thread/td-p/3854097/highlight/false

Not everything with Barclay is always a hard pull. Smiley Wink

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 9 of 11
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

They HATE, HATE, HATE me! Smiley Sad  I don't know what I ever did to them...Wait, I have done nothing to them because they won't let me have any credit!  My TU is my cleanest report, so I just don't get it!  Oh well some day! 

CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.