Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm in with Chase

tag
Kathy4NU
Frequent Contributor

I'm in with Chase

Got approved for the Chase Freedom.

Intially, they pulled Trans Union.  My worst report and got the 10 day message.  Called the backdoor number and they said I was denied.  Told the nice guy my TU was messed up and he asked if they could pull another report and than asked which one I prefered.  I told him either EX or EQ.  Both free of all baddies.  He pulled EQ. Put me on hold, came back with questions, put me on hold, came back with questions etc.  Finally approved me for $1000 which matched my only other cc.  I was hoping to be higher but I am ok with it.

How is Chase with CLI?  Will it grow with me or will I be at $1000 forever?

Not excited what the inquiry will do to my score or my AAoA.  I took an 11 pt hit for apply for USAA and was denied 2 days prior.  

This will be my second VisA reporting.  I am hoping this will boost my scores.  My other one is 10 months old.  I also have a VS card reporting for 2 months.  My AAoA is/was 6 years and my oldest account is 20 years (student loans).

Enough inquires for me. Buying my house in June and in the garden for a few years.  I don't use credit cards but when trying to get a morgage I found that without a history of cc your credit is nonexistant.  CU adviced me to get 4.  Three were tough enough.

myfico EQ prior to inq 731

myfigo Tu prior to inq 708

June '12: EQ 553 TU 0 EX 545
April '13 Lender Pull EQ 731, EX 692, TU 722 - all FICO

Closed on home May 22, 2013 at 2:00pm!!!
CU Visa $1000, VS $350, Chase Freedom $1000, Discover IT $2500, Home Depot: $2700, Menards $3000, NFM $3500
What's been deleted: 32 collections, 5 PR, 2 tax liens, defaulted student loans
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: I'm in with Chase

Congrats on your approval but I would not be applying for any cc's if my goal is to buy a hose in June. Hopefully, it will be fine.
Message 2 of 19
omskillet
Regular Contributor

@Kathy4NU wrote:

Intially, they pulled Trans Union.  My worst report and got the 10 day message.  Called the backdoor number and they said I was denied.  Told the nice guy my TU was messed up and he asked if they could pull another report and than asked which one I prefered.  I told him either EX or EQ.  Both free of all baddies.  He pulled EQ. Put me on hold, came back with questions, put me on hold, came back with questions etc.  Finally approved me for $1000 which matched my only other cc.  I was hoping to be higher but I am ok with it.

Not excited what the inquiry will do to my score or my AAoA.  I took an 11 pt hit for apply for USAA and was denied 2 days prior.  

This will be my second VisA reporting.  I am hoping this will boost my scores.  My other one is 10 months old.  I also have a VS card reporting for 2 months.  My AAoA is/was 6 years and my oldest account is 20 years (student loans).

Enough inquires for me. Buying my house in June and in the garden for a few years.  I don't use credit cards but when trying to get a morgage I found that without a history of cc your credit is nonexistant.  CU adviced me to get 4.  Three were tough enough.

Congrats...Freedom is a great card. If you give it heavy use Chase will treat you well with regards to your credit limit. 

Message 3 of 19
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 19
Kathy4NU
Frequent Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Congrats on your approval but I would not be applying for any cc's if my goal is to buy a hose in June. Hopefully, it will be fine.

The credit union told me to get 3 more cards.  I used the shopping card trick to get the VS so I had no hard pull.  I did waste a hard pull on USAA.  Now I have the Freedom. I don't think I will look for a 4th card.  I don't feel comfortable getting another card and really have no idea what other card to get. I had thought about a store card but I am not a shopper and would not use it.

I am already living in the house I am buying since 2000.  It is financed in my parents name although I have made all the payments.  The loan will be for $90,000 and the house is appraised at $160,000.   Apparently, the loan officer said the UW would want to see how I manage more revolving credit.  I have had my CU visa for 10 months and he upped my limit on that so it would look better.  My credit file is very thin with only 6 items total of which 3 are paid off and closed.   I guess there is a chance that the UW will want to see some more age on the revolving accounts.  If so, I can put off buying the house a few months if need be.  I just want to get in with the low rates before they go back up.  I will be going conventional and putting 5% down.

CU Visa $1000, VS $350, Chase Freedom $1000, Discover IT $2500, Home Depot: $2700, Menards $3000, NFM $3500
Message 5 of 19
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Kathy4NU

Seems like you have it all planned. Good luck!
Message 6 of 19
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@Kathy4NU wrote:

3 should be enough.  Not sure about getting a new card only a few months ahead of a mortgage, but remind the CU that THEY advised you to do so (Make a note of the person's name who told you that advice btw).

Freedom is a good card with good cash back and categories.  Us it like a debit card and it will pay you back a bit.   Chase however isn't big on CLIs, so without a HP down the road someday, don't expect an Auto CLI. 

Congrats on the card though!  Smiley Happy   remember to sign up for the cash back categories! 

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 7 of 19
Kathy4NU
Frequent Contributor

Just received my score watch notifications for the inquiry.  It did not change my score.  Whew, I was worried about that.  My previous inq cost me 11 pts.  I am going to stop trying to figure out FICO.  Now for the card to report.  Hopefully, it will give me a little boost in my score.

Message 8 of 19
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 9 of 19
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the Freedom approval!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.