Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question...

tag
shoo
Frequent Contributor

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question...

So, I'm not familiar with how it works when you get approved for a card with an annual fee  that can potentially be PC'd to a non-AF card. If you get the Venture that has the AF and you PC to the QS before the year is over, do you still pay the Venture annual fee? Do you still get your Venture signup bonus, or do you give it back? I'm sorry if this is really obvious - I just want to understand better.

Thanks guys

$4200$1000$2650$53,000$6500$2500$12,500$7000$7000$34,700$12,100$10,000
EX - 790 | TU - 782 | EQ - ?
--- In the garden since April 2019 ---
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm sorry if this is a dumb question...

@shoo wrote:

So, I'm not familiar with how it works when you get approved for a card with an annual fee  that can potentially be PC'd to a non-AF card. If you get the Venture that has the AF and you PC to the QS before the year is over, do you still pay the Venture annual fee? Do you still get your Venture signup bonus, or do you give it back? I'm sorry if this is really obvious - I just want to understand better.

Thanks guys

You do not forfeit the signup bonus. The signup bonus was for meeting a minimum spend. As for PCing the card to a QS, You would be avoiding the upcoming AF and thus would not be subject to it.

The only dumb question is the one not asked. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

if you haven't used your sign up bonus or any earned rewards, they will get transfered to venture 1 account (if that's what you'll change to), or if you choose to go with quicksilver, then your miles rewards will get converted to cash rewards.

Message 3 of 9
shoo
Frequent Contributor

Huh. Wow, cool that's a genius way to do it. Thanks a lot!

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@shoo wrote:

No problem. When are you applying? Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 9
shoo
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@shoo wrote:

Hahaha! I've got a couple of other cards on my radar first. I've just seen all the Venture chaos and I was wanting to investigate the mechanics behind the madness. I'll be sure to make a huge deal all over the boards out of my app spree when I've perfected my plan lol.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@shoo wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@shoo wrote:

Hahaha! I've got a couple of other cards on my radar first. I've just seen all the Venture chaos and I was wanting to investigate the mechanics behind the madness. I'll be sure to make a huge deal all over the boards out of my app spree when I've perfected my plan lol.

Gotcha.

Message 7 of 9
JSS3
Valued Contributor

You receive the signup bonus the minute you meet the spending threshold.

From my experience with Capital One Platinum cards, they deduct the AF the first month of getting it. Not the end of the year. Don't know if that's the case for Venture.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JSS3 wrote:
You receive the signup bonus the minute you meet the spending threshold.

From my experience with Capital One Platinum cards, they deduct the AF the first month of getting it. Not the end of the year. Don't know if that's the case for Venture.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.