cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I really can't believe it! Amex + Chase Luv!

tag
ednajen
New Contributor

I really can't believe it! Amex + Chase Luv!

I've been dying to get a hotel rewards card for a while now.  I was set on the Hilton HHonors but I found the Chase Hyatt to be a better deal... I really got tired of waiting for my scores to update, so when Credit Sesame reported a cli and lower utl today I took the plunge.

Applied for the Chase Hyatt by pretending to book a hotel, this way I would receive the $100 statement credit on first purchase to take care of my annual fee of $75.

To my surprise I was approved for 5k! This is my highest limit yet and I'm so happy.  After reading all the threads here I honestly thought I might get 1k or maybe even $500. So I figured I'd go for my Amex Gold just so I can quit for a while, again...approved!  I'm so happy!!! Smiley Very Happy

I have one paid medical collection, my Walmart TU is 675, Credit Sesame EX FAKO is 645 and myFico EQ is 635. 

I'm still thinking about that Amex Hilton Hhonors for the rewards. But maybe I should quit while I'm up.

Go to cards: Amex BCE , CSP, Discover IT, Amex Gold NPSL
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Re: I really can't believe it! Amex + Chase Luv!

Nice going, Congrats on your approvals!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 2 of 13
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

Nice job!  Congratulations!!

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 3 of 13
NewbieReed
Frequent Contributor

Thats great! Congrats on the approvals.

Starting Score: 526 EXP 09/2012 600 FICO 10/2012 608 EX (lenderpull)11/2012
Current Score: 705 FICO TU (10/2014)Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 13
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approvals for prime cards and breaking the 5k barrier!!

Message 5 of 13
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

EQ Fico 635 : That's a record for Amex and Chase man.....Congratttttttt very nice....

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 6 of 13
ednajen
New Contributor

Thank you allSmiley Happy

@nicholasyud I know right? I honestly only applied because I know they both seem to pull experian and then maybe transunion.  Just a month of research has led me to believe that my experian is a bit higher than what CS shows.  I don't have much debt and all my balances on my cc are zero (except one). I've had two cli but none of these scores have updated.  My income probably helped too.  

Would you guys take a chance on the Amex Hhonors? My thinking here is I get free nights each year on the Hyatt, I can probably run enough to earn two free nights each year.  But the honors has a better earning structure where I could  probably earn a free night through their program as well. Am I being greedy?  EDIT: Nevermind, it's going to be hard enough limiting my transactions between the three main cards I already have (Discover, Amex Gold, Hyatt).  In the long run i won't earn enough points on the Hilton to matter.

Message 7 of 13
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I keep talking myself in and out of another Amex too haha!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 8 of 13
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Two great cards! Congratulations on your approvals.

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 13
ednajen
New Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy Yup! I had to think about it this morning. Smiley Happy

@MsLadyRover Yes thanks!, I wasn't even thinking about trying to get a 5k line.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.