cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was told by an Amex representative that I can get declined if my delinquencies are two years old..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I was told by an Amex representative that I can get declined if my delinquencies are two years o

I see, I do have an installment loan that closed back in 2013.
Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I was told by an Amex representative that I can get declined if my delinquencies are two years o

UPDATE: My Experian credit score went up another 16 points, from 662 to 674.
Message 22 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Express uses Experian Fico Power score 8, so until you know that specific score it's difficult to know what they would pull.  However, if you put your browser in 'private/secret mode', you can actually go to their website and do a pre-qualification and that will give you a much better idea of approval.

Message 23 of 28
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Cpkidd09 - they use the regular Ex 08
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 24 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE: TU: 698, EX: 674, and EQ: 645(no update yet).
Message 25 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE: I applied for the Amex BCE, the have did a hard pull on my Experian, with a score now at 680 due to the decrease of my utilization. My EQ is now at 735 and TU 700. My overall available credit is 40,000 and my debt is $9,400. I hope I do get an approval. I was declined because of a soft pull, but later called for a reconsideration, to which they did a hard pull. I hope they would give me a chance.
Message 26 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
UPDATE: I applied for the Amex BCE, the have did a hard pull on my Experian, with a score now at 680 due to the decrease of my utilization. My EQ is now at 735 and TU 700. My overall available credit is 40,000 and my debt is $9,400. I hope I do get an approval. I was declined because of a soft pull, but later called for a reconsideration, to which they did a hard pull. I hope they would give me a chance.

I hope so to OP!!! Keep us posted!!

Message 27 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, I hope they will give me a chance to prove how creditworthy I am. I had their green card for almost a year now, and my account with them is in great standing.
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.