Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas on cards with high transunion inquiries

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ideas on cards with high transunion inquiries

Freshly re-established credit from fraud and personal over use.  I have a lot of inquiries over the last two years on Transunion (10) but not equifax (2) or experian(2).    Plan to purchase a car in a few months but looking for a credit card to add to the stable.  Hopefully with a minimum trade line of $2500.  Credit scroes now are 685 (experien---really dislike them..lol), 708, 728.  Equifax is clean but only has three year history.  Transunaion has one collection that is Fraud but not yet removed.  Thinking of doing Costco Citi card.  Thoughts?     

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ideas on cards with high transunion inquiries

Have you tried the Citi prequal? I used it & it showed I was prequalified for the Citi Costco card, I applied & was approved Nov 2016 FYI they pulled Equifax for me, hope this helps...
Message 2 of 11
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

Definitely agree with doing prequals on the sites you're interested in. I just got Marvel(Synchrony) and NFL Extra Points (Barclay's) with 22 TU inquiries and a ton of accounts <12 months old. I also got AMEX with 11 EX inquiries. 

10 isn't *that* bad...but then some banks, like Chase, are INQ sensitive.

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I do the pre-qual?  

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah. Right on citi website. 

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would try to figure out what cards best meet your needs before worrying about inquires in my humble opinion. Definitely do the pre-quals too. I would try Amex, with your score I don't see you not getting an offer. 

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex preQual Site
Chase preQual Site
Citi preQual Site
BofA preQual Site

If you search doctor of creidt prequalify websites you will find the article with links
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

10 of 2 years isn't bad.  On approvals they mostly look at the last 6 & 12 months.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex pulls EX, and your scores should definitely get you in there

Message 9 of 11
peghede
Valued Contributor

TU   & app for NFCU. (i have 69 inq on TU) no problem got 2nd card with them

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.