Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In the market for a new card

tag
NYCguy37
Valued Member

Re: In the market for a new card

Do you mind paying for another annual fee in addition to your Amex? As others have mentioned, you might want to look at a card that can provide a better bonus structure for your spending habits.

Message 11 of 14
mountainmom
Frequent Contributor

Nasa. Soft pull if member first, generous limits, and if you do the advantage Apr as low as 9.9%. BT in first couple months fixed at 7.9% with no transfer fee.

Eq 702 TU 707 Exp 718
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LoginNameInvalid wrote:

Hi,

I'm in the market for a new card but I'm extremely picky with my cards and the hard inquiries that results from applying. So I'm looking to people on here for some direction since I'm realitively new to credit cards especially since nothing has really caught my eye as inticing.

The goal of getting a new card (if I get approved) is to provide some breathing space and to improve my scores.  I currently have 2 credit cards (WF & Citi Diamond Preffered) and the gold AMEX charge card. The limit on the WF is $1k (used half of it) and the limit on the Citi is $6300 (used about 3700).

My scores:

TU: 722

EQ: 717

EX: 727

Never been late for a payment, no collections, and have a lease at $474 a month and only 1 hard inquiry in late June for the Citi Diamond Preffered.

Any ideas on which card would spread my charges and lower the utilization while improving my score? I didn't like the Chase cards and I have a bad history with Chase and JP Morgan.

Thanks all for ideas!   

As we all know, Scores aren't everything. What is your AAoA?

Message 13 of 14
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@LoginNameInvalid wrote:

Hi,

I'm in the market for a new card but I'm extremely picky with my cards and the hard inquiries that results from applying. So I'm looking to people on here for some direction since I'm realitively new to credit cards especially since nothing has really caught my eye as inticing.

The goal of getting a new card (if I get approved) is to provide some breathing space and to improve my scores.  I currently have 2 credit cards (WF & Citi Diamond Preffered) and the gold AMEX charge card. The limit on the WF is $1k (used half of it) and the limit on the Citi is $6300 (used about 3700).

My scores:

TU: 722

EQ: 717

EX: 727

Never been late for a payment, no collections, and have a lease at $474 a month and only 1 hard inquiry in late June for the Citi Diamond Preffered.

Any ideas on which card would spread my charges and lower the utilization while improving my score? I didn't like the Chase cards and I have a bad history with Chase and JP Morgan.

Thanks all for ideas!   

As we all know, Scores aren't everything. What is your AAoA?

So true Nixon. But if he just want to pad for utilization. I don't see a problem. I know I did. Now util is under 10% always. But I did take big hit to AA of A. But nothing the garden can't fix. I say to op. Go for diners. You will probably get big limit. They are not sensitive. And pad util to increase score. But with 2 accounts over 30 percent. It will still hurt until you get at least the low card down. 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.