Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Income for Chase sapphire Preffered !?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Income for Chase sapphire Preffered !?

I know it's marketed towards that higher income customer but I've also read of people making 22k getting it , who in here has got it making 30k or less ? And how ? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Income for Chase sapphire Preffered !?

The only reason income would play a factor here is in a DTI assessment.
Message 2 of 5
Yodah
Regular Contributor

I think the only reason you would need a higher income would be to meet the 4k spend requirements for the perks of the card, without carrying a high utilization balance. However there are other ways of meeting the spend requirements for this card...i.e. adding a AU or making purchases for family members instead of them spending cash.

Also Nixon is correct,  Higher Income usually comes with Higher Debt......  Alot of times I think people tend to look at others  high salaries, but not consider that high car note, high mortgage, or high rent due to the area they work or live in...... In NC 1500.00 is a mortgage on nice house, in LA, 1500 is a low level studio apartments rent.....just saying....

Just something to keep in perspective

Message 3 of 5
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@Yodah wrote:

Alot of times I think people tend to look at others  high salaries, but not consider that high car note, high mortgage, or high rent due to the area they work or live in...... In NC 1500.00 is a mortgage on nice house, in LA, 1500 is a low level studio apartments rent.....just saying....

Just something to keep in perspective

Exactly...  I was just talking about that with my brother today.  He makes 1/2 of what I do... but he lives in backwoods GA with $400 rent and I live in Seattle with $1700 rent...  Smiley Wink

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
The only reason income would play a factor here is in a DTI assessment.

+1

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.