Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

Re: Inquiry Insensitive Lenders

AverageJoesCredit wrote:
1st Tydawg, 72 inquirie, holy cat litter BatmanSmiley Wink. I serioudly hope those are from buying a carSmiley Wink

Smc, if you want a good laugh , read the last couple pages of the Garden club, tcbofade really put me in my place, and a hint, it isnt at AceSmiley Wink

Average, no way! All from CC's I have lots of free points and other cool stuff

New Contributor

Disagree with Nordstrom and Synchrony. 

On the same day, Nordstrom approved me with eight inquiries on my EX. Sync denied me with 11 inquiries on my TU, and the only reason they gave was "Too many inquiries/new accounts"!!

As always, YMMV with many of these lenders. 

5/15/2017 FICO 8 Scores: Ex-617 Eq-593 TU-584
6/3/2017 Scores: EX-651 Eq-612 TU-631
Regular Contributor

Inquiries as a reason for denial are BS. Banks only say that when there is something else they dont like and put this as the reason becuase what they dont like cant be cited.. Like others have said, if you have a strong profile, you can get approvals with a crap-ton of inquiries.

AMEXPRG.jpgBCP.jpgstarwood-preferred-guest.pnggold-delta-skymiles.pngCapOne QS new.pngavsf0i.pngciti-double-cash-credit-card.jpgplatinum_visa_card.png41VgxfCVJOL.jpg
pp-mc-final.pngIT_CHP_GARNET.pngplccPrimeStoreCard_243x154._TTD_.png20151006_sc_header_cards.pngPayPal_Credit_Logo_v2.jpg
Contributor
0 Kudos

FWIW, NFCU listed inquiries as one of my reasons for denial. I have 19 total on TÚ and only 8 in 2017. 3 of those are from Navy itself.
06/2017 FICOs: TU: 542 EX: 538 EQ: 528
07/2017 FICOs: TU: 564 EX: 564 EQ: 559
08/2017 FICOs: TU: 598 EX: 597 EQ: 584
09/2017 FICOs: TU: 621 EX: 615 EQ: 608
09/2017 FICOs: TU: 633 EX: 620 EQ: 608
Established Contributor

Probably can add US Bank to the inquiry sensitive list. That's one I would like to reel end before the year ends.

FICO8 Scores:// 10/18/2017 TU:// 737 EQ:// 738 EX:// 764
Inquires TU:// 10 EQ:// 11 EX:// 15
Total Utilization:// 4%
Total Revolving CL:// $350k club
Established Contributor
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I don't find Citi and Barclay inquiry sensitive.   I have 10+ inquiries on Experian and Transunion plus 20 new accounts in past 8 months  and have had no trouble being approved for either.   Also Citi gave me a limit over 11 times as much as Amex gave me on approvals.  

January 15 2017 Experian 527 Transunion 528 Equifax 529
August 1 2017 Experian 702, Transunion 711, Equifax 715

BOA Cash Rewards, AMEX BCE, AMEX PRG, AMEX Ameriprise Platinum, AMEX SPG, CITI AADvantage Platinum, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Southwest Plus, Barclay Arrival +, Barclay AAdvantage Red Aviator, USAA Prefered Cash Rewards , Cap One Quicksilver, Lendup L card, JCrew, Pottery Barn, Express, NFCU Go Rewards.. 130k total credit lines.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos

frogman1 wrote:

I don't find Citi and Barclay inquiry sensitive.   I have 10+ inquiries on Experian and Transunion plus 20 new accounts in past 8 months  and have had no trouble being approved for either.   Also Citi gave me a limit over 11 times as much as Amex gave me on approvals.  

How old is your overall credit history?

AMEXPRG.jpgBCP.jpgstarwood-preferred-guest.pnggold-delta-skymiles.pngCapOne QS new.pngavsf0i.pngciti-double-cash-credit-card.jpgplatinum_visa_card.png41VgxfCVJOL.jpg
pp-mc-final.pngIT_CHP_GARNET.pngplccPrimeStoreCard_243x154._TTD_.png20151006_sc_header_cards.pngPayPal_Credit_Logo_v2.jpg
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos

Final gave me a review so I need to wait for an email I was told.

Total CL $101,850 w/PayPal Credit In the garden until 2019. Smiley Happy
Community Leader
Valued Contributor

jtw34240 wrote:

I find these lenders to be inquiry and new account insensitive. State Farm Bank (pulls TU), Navy Federal (pulls TU, Efx and Exp (AR's), BMO Harris Bank, Discover Card (pulls TU, Efx, Exp), Blispay (Exp), Final (getfinal.com pulls Exp), Amex (pulls Exp), Synchrony Bank (pulls TU).

That being said those lenders which are inquiry sensitive are Citibank, Barclays Bank, FNBO, Wells Fargo, Bank of America, TD Bank, Capital One (now for credit line increases and perhaps for new accounts), Nordstrom Bank (more than 3 in 6 months gets you a denial). Dillards is bad too since they are Wells Fargo issued. 

This is all based on personal experience and posts from members of myfico forum and creditboards.com. 

Hope this helps some of you. 

I'll disagree quite strongly with BOA being inquiry sensitive. They've given me and DW another $90k+ in tradelines in the past ten months and nearly half of my TU inquiries are from BOA! That has also not been our experience with Citi. As stated before it's going to depend on the profile. I could probably get away with another dozen inquiries on all CBs, but for some just having a handful could prove problematic.

$500k+ club. | FICO 08 [Oct 2017]: EQ 746 EX 738 TU 733 | World's worst gardener.
Established Contributor
0 Kudos

Ringwraith1986 wrote:

frogman1 wrote:

How old is your overall credit history?

Oldest account 19 years old.   6 years AAOA TU.   5.5 AAOA Experian.  But plenty of baddies. 

January 15 2017 Experian 527 Transunion 528 Equifax 529
August 1 2017 Experian 702, Transunion 711, Equifax 715

BOA Cash Rewards, AMEX BCE, AMEX PRG, AMEX Ameriprise Platinum, AMEX SPG, CITI AADvantage Platinum, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Southwest Plus, Barclay Arrival +, Barclay AAdvantage Red Aviator, USAA Prefered Cash Rewards , Cap One Quicksilver, Lendup L card, JCrew, Pottery Barn, Express, NFCU Go Rewards.. 130k total credit lines.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.