Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiry Insensitive Lenders

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Inquiry Insensitive Lenders

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
1st Tydawg, 72 inquirie, holy cat litter BatmanSmiley Wink. I serioudly hope those are from buying a carSmiley Wink

Smc, if you want a good laugh , read the last couple pages of the Garden club, tcbofade really put me in my place, and a hint, it isnt at AceSmiley Wink

Average, no way! All from CC's I have lots of free points and other cool stuff

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disagree with Nordstrom and Synchrony. 

On the same day, Nordstrom approved me with eight inquiries on my EX. Sync denied me with 11 inquiries on my TU, and the only reason they gave was "Too many inquiries/new accounts"!!

As always, YMMV with many of these lenders. 

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inquiries as a reason for denial are BS. Banks only say that when there is something else they dont like and put this as the reason becuase what they dont like cant be cited.. Like others have said, if you have a strong profile, you can get approvals with a crap-ton of inquiries.

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

FWIW, NFCU listed inquiries as one of my reasons for denial. I have 19 total on TÚ and only 8 in 2017. 3 of those are from Navy itself.
Message 14 of 22
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Probably can add US Bank to the inquiry sensitive list. That's one I would like to reel end before the year ends.

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't find Citi and Barclay inquiry sensitive.   I have 10+ inquiries on Experian and Transunion plus 20 new accounts in past 8 months  and have had no trouble being approved for either.   Also Citi gave me a limit over 11 times as much as Amex gave me on approvals.  

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't find Citi and Barclay inquiry sensitive.   I have 10+ inquiries on Experian and Transunion plus 20 new accounts in past 8 months  and have had no trouble being approved for either.   Also Citi gave me a limit over 11 times as much as Amex gave me on approvals.  

How old is your overall credit history?

Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Final gave me a review so I need to wait for an email I was told.

Message 18 of 22
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@jtw34240 wrote:

I find these lenders to be inquiry and new account insensitive. State Farm Bank (pulls TU), Navy Federal (pulls TU, Efx and Exp (AR's), BMO Harris Bank, Discover Card (pulls TU, Efx, Exp), Blispay (Exp), Final (getfinal.com pulls Exp), Amex (pulls Exp), Synchrony Bank (pulls TU).

That being said those lenders which are inquiry sensitive are Citibank, Barclays Bank, FNBO, Wells Fargo, Bank of America, TD Bank, Capital One (now for credit line increases and perhaps for new accounts), Nordstrom Bank (more than 3 in 6 months gets you a denial). Dillards is bad too since they are Wells Fargo issued. 

This is all based on personal experience and posts from members of myfico forum and creditboards.com. 

Hope this helps some of you. 

I'll disagree quite strongly with BOA being inquiry sensitive. They've given me and DW another $90k+ in tradelines in the past ten months and nearly half of my TU inquiries are from BOA! That has also not been our experience with Citi. As stated before it's going to depend on the profile. I could probably get away with another dozen inquiries on all CBs, but for some just having a handful could prove problematic.

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

How old is your overall credit history?

Oldest account 19 years old.   6 years AAOA TU.   5.5 AAOA Experian.  But plenty of baddies. 

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.