Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiry friendly credit cards

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Inquiry friendly credit cards

Hello all. I've had a hoot the last year. Adding about 15 new accounts. I need to know who is not hyper se nsitive about inquiries. I really need 1 more card.  Preferable. Master card or visa. To get a buffer on credit for travel in 2015. My util will raise dramatically. And it will be a slow pay down. 

Below. Ex 13

eq 9

tu 3.  Any advice. Is appreciated. Thanks. 

Turned down for chase. Too many inquiries. 

Citi. Too much available credit. 

1card with barclays. 4- months old. Just font know who to turn to now. Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Inquiry friendly credit cards

You may not have a choice but to garden. Chase and Citi pretty much told you your chances. When I bought my lawn mower I also went for the Sallie Mae and was declined I had 3 inquiries total. I possibly could have done a recon but I have to much available credit and didn't want another inquiry and TL for a toy limit if at all. Good Luck!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 15
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

You may not have a choice but to garden. Chase and Citi pretty much told you your chances. When I bought my lawn mower I also went for the Sallie Mae and was declined I had 3 inquiries total. I possibly could have done a recon but I have to much available credit and didn't want another inquiry and TL for a toy limit if at all. Good Luck!

+1

15 new accounts OP?  And you need another?  Wow.  Here I was thinking that gardening for a year and adding a Nordstrom, Sallie Mae, Discover and Amex the other day was a lot.  Instant approvals probably due to having no INQs and no new accounts in a year.

I'd be paranoid to app with that many new accounts and INQs because are there really any creditors that are OK with that many?

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 3 of 15
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

It really will come down to your over all picture.  This summer I was declined by Comenity for a West Elm store card for having 3 Equifax inquiries. I cant remember the score they gave me but my Equifax Fico was around 770. That was the first time in recent memory I can recall being denied for inquiries.  I was instantly approved for a Barclay Ring last week with 5 Inquiries. 

It sounds as though it may be time to garden and allow things to age a bit.  If youre hell bent, you may look into a credit union. 

Message 4 of 15
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

BoA, possibly. You most likely will have to ask for reconsideration and be prepared to answer why you needed all the new cards and now need theirs. I'm pretty much in the same boat and have been forced to the garden. It's probably a good thing while i get all my balances back in order.
Message 5 of 15
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Sometimes even people like us have to cool down for a little bit. After my Ritz and US Bank approvals, I don't think there's much else that I want at the moment. I'm trying to give it two-three months tops before going for anything else.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 6 of 15
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

Not sure your situation but like others have said it feels like you have run the course and need to cool off for a while.  It almost feels like deperate credit seeking behavior vs. building credit.  Good luck!

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Discover it® 27K | JCPenney MC 22K | Home Depot $9K
EX/796 EQ/794 TU/802 GOAL: Break 800
Message 7 of 15
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

+1

i was just approved for Discover after the 4th time apping. The senior underwriter grilled me pretty hard about my 33 experian inquiries.

i was honest and told him I started rebuilding about 21/2 years ago and didn't know what I was doing.

i told him I found Myfico and started learning how to make credit cards work FOR me.

he asked me what I used specific cards for and I explained it.

He seemed satisfied and approved me for 2k.  I'm going to take the hint and chill out. Quite frankly, I've applied for everything out there, so I don't have a choice.

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 8 of 15
taxi818
Super Contributor

Thanks everyone for the responses. You guys are correct. Time to take the garden serious. I just wanted a extra say 5k cusion in case I spend a lot on a trip to Asia this summer. But I don't really need it. I don't think I will spend 40k Smiley Happy   Any way  appreciate all the honest replies. Yes. My amex will grow in June. Hopefully to 25k. So I'm set. 

Message 9 of 15
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@woodyman100 wrote:

+1

i was just approved for Discover after the 4th time apping. The senior underwriter grilled me pretty hard about my 33 experian inquiries.

i was honest and told him I started rebuilding about 21/2 years ago and didn't know what I was doing.

i told him I found Myfico and started learning how to make credit cards work FOR me.

he asked me what I used specific cards for and I explained it.

He seemed satisfied and approved me for 2k.  I'm going to take the hint and chill out. Quite frankly, I've applied for everything out there, so I don't have a choice.

+1

I'm not trying to lecture anyone... But who needs 20+ credit cards?

I know I don't.

Not really surprised... I know 33 INQs would have all my red flags raised if I worked in banking.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.