cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instant AMEX BLUE approval but 30 days for Chase Sapphire?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Instant AMEX BLUE approval but 30 days for Chase Sapphire?

Hi everyone, as the subject states, I got a message from the chase application site that my application is in review nd will hear back within 30 days. But Amex gave me an instant approval earler that morning, 

I am coming back from a successful credit repair. I was in the 500's with Trans U, and mid 600's on the other 2. Right now im Mid 700's with Experian and Equifax and 688 with transunion. 

Maybe the Sapphire wasnt the best card to apply for?

Thoughts?

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Instant AMEX BLUE approval but 30 days for Chase Sapphire?

Need more details. Other cards, other limits, any baddies, AAoA

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with the post above, we need way more information. One thing that will help also is what the SL was for your AMEX Blue.  FYI, AMEX has become far easier to obtain since they lost their Costco deal so achieving that shouldnt be seen as an automatic ticket to a premium card.

Message 3 of 9
GetMeSlick
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone, as the subject states, I got a message from the chase application site that my application is in review nd will hear back within 30 days. But Amex gave me an instant approval earler that morning, 

I am coming back from a successful credit repair. I was in the 500's with Trans U, and mid 600's on the other 2. Right now im Mid 700's with Experian and Equifax and 688 with transunion. 

Maybe the Sapphire wasnt the best card to apply for?

Thoughts?

Thanks

I think, you need to call back the chase automated number where you can check current status from the BOT.

i am also in the same boat with my DW chase freedom unl apped yesterday. one of the senior member in this forum asked me to call , so i called and got to know 30 days notice.

i m pasting it for you here

As always you need to call the auto status line and see what robo lady says. The online message means almost nothing, as any non-instant-approval will give you that 30-days message online.

When you call robo lady, she has 4 possible statuses (stati?):

1. Your application has been approved!

2. you will be notified of our decision within 30 days

3. something about 2 weeks

4. you will be notified of our decision within 7-10 business days

1 is obvious, 2 often leads to an approval after a few days or weeks, 3 usually leads to an approval after a few days, 4 is almost always a denial.

so call the automated bot number now . good luck.

1/6/2023 FICO TU-840|EX - 838|EQ -840
Total Credit - $470K+
Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 840
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Gardening since Sep/2021
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

No negative items on my credit BUT I also havent had a credit card, loan or anything since 2011. I called Chase recon and after a good 15 minute interview I was told they could not approve me for lack of recent credit history. BOA recon is not open over the weekend but Monday I will attempt to get an approval based on being an existing banking customer for over 6 years. 

What are my other options? I think I need at least one other card soon. Should I wait until my BCE builds or should I apply for say a CapOne platnium, Amex Gold?

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is or where does one find the automated bot number?

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the auto bot number to check Chase app status after getting the 30 day notice? Is the number the same for all Chase ca d apps?

Message 7 of 9
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No negative items on my credit BUT I also havent had a credit card, loan or anything since 2011. I called Chase recon and after a good 15 minute interview I was told they could not approve me for lack of recent credit history. BOA recon is not open over the weekend but Monday I will attempt to get an approval based on being an existing banking customer for over 6 years. 

What are my other options? I think I need at least one other card soon. Should I wait until my BCE builds or should I apply for say a CapOne platnium, Amex Gold?

If you haven't had a CC in 6 years what's the rush to rack up 4-5 of them now?

A denial isn't always a bad thing either.  Chase is finicky sometimes and lack of history for 1-2 years is a sufficient reason.  

You have AMEX now and it will grow exponentially with a little bit of work and hitting the 3X CLI every 6 months after the first one at 61 days.

BOA might pan out but, if it doesn't then hold your inquiries close to your vest and wait it out.  Spend sometime with AMEX and don't worry about the others...they'll come sniffing around when the time is right and won't leave you alone until you bite for the app on them.  

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you have a Preapproval for the CSP, or did you just cold app ?

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.